Rawlings HOH Pro

tbarb

I've been reading several glove threads and see the term HOH and HOH Pro used as if they are different gloves. (HOH Pro apparently being stiffer as new and longer lasting as to form than HOH.) (Not asking about colors and how they enter the stiff equation.) Is HOH Pro an older leather or previously made glove before current times or referencing the "PRO" in any part of the printed glove model on a glove?
I'm just getting to like a PP that I bought earlier this year and expect it to become too floppy at some point next year and might like to try a HOH Pro if they are different that the HOH's. (Like very stiff pinky and thumbs). I could have totally missed something on the Rawlings glove builder....

Last edited:

NYC

Swag on 100.
I've been reading several glove threads and see the term HOH and HOH Pro used as if they are different gloves. (HOH Pro apparently being stiffer as new and longer lasting as to form than HOH.) (Not asking about colors and how they enter the stiff equation.) Is HOH Pro an older leather or previously made glove before current times or referencing the "PRO" in any part of the printed glove model on a glove?
I'm just getting to like a PP that I bought earlier this year and expect it to become too floppy at some point next year and might like to try a HOH Pro if they are different that the HOH's. (Like very stiff pinky and thumbs). I could have totally missed something on the Rawlings glove builder....

https://www.rawlings.com/gloves/pro-stock-gloves/

I think you're referring to pro stock? They give these gloves out to players during spring training, it says pro at the begininning of every HOH, but it says pro at the beginning and at the end of the pro stocks.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Rawlings cuts all HOH leather from the same hides. Pro issue glove pieces come from the heart of the hide (rump area) near the spine. That is the only difference. Pro issue leather is not made from special select hides, all HOH leather is high quality.
Dan

Party mafia

Rawlings cuts all HOH leather from the same hides. Pro issue glove pieces come from the heart of the hide (rump area) near the spine. That is the only difference. Pro issue leather is not made from special select hides, all HOH leather is high quality.
Dan
How come some HOH has the dual core? What does the dual core mean? Does the dual core glove leather is lesser quality than a reg. HOH leather?

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
How come some HOH has the dual core? What does the dual core mean? Does the dual core glove leather is lesser quality than a reg. HOH leather?
Dual Core Technology is just extra leather pieces inside the glove to influence break points, pocket size/shape, etc.
Dual Core leather (Featherlite) is a type of leather from Horween Leather Co.

Jchap

Rawlings cuts all HOH leather from the same hides.

Dan, do you mean within the same kind of HOH leather they cut the PRO and retail versions from the same hide? You don't mean Jtan, Tan Horween, featherlite, etc don't all come from the same hide, correct?

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Dan, do you mean within the same kind of HOH leather they cut the PRO and retail versions from the same hide? You don't mean Jtan, Tan Horween, featherlite, etc don't all come from the same hide, correct?
No, there are hides from each respective leather line. For instance, all JTan black HOH leather for gloves would come from one hide. Alll Horween tan would come from one hide. All Pro Preferred kip camel would come from one hide. Featherlite who cares?

Reactions: NYC

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
The new Pro Label line. Periodic scheduled releases of build options currently unavailable to the general public (only to pros). Come to think of it, it sounds like a glorified quarterly RGGC (instead of monthly). I do like these more than the regular RGGC (I prefer the single release power punch several months apart over the mediocre monthly pair).

beeblebobble

Starting Player
The new Pro Label line. Periodic scheduled releases of build options currently unavailable to the general public (only to pros). Come to think of it, it sounds like a glorified quarterly RGGC (instead of monthly). I do like these more than the regular RGGC (I prefer the single release power punch several months apart over the mediocre monthly pair).
Something to compete with "Aso's Lab?"

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Something to compete with "Aso's Lab?"
Maybe. Aso's Lab is more experimental and can only be purchased directly from Wilson (they even let you know that they want feedback when you order). Pro Labels already have been tested by pros and will be sold by select retailers. And Aso's Labs are more limited in quantity (not sure by how much).

beeblebobble

Starting Player
Maybe. Aso's Lab is more experimental and can only be purchased directly from Wilson (they even let you know that they want feedback when you order). Pro Labels already have been tested by pros and will be sold by select retailers. And Aso's Labs are more limited in quantity (not sure by how much).
Yeah they definitely don't make many of the Aso Labs, But the colored superskin and the 1716T were in Pro's hands before they were sold in the Lab, but I get your point. I ordered a 1716T the day of release and you couldn't add more than 59 to your cart, so I figured it's right around 60 units, at least for that model.

tbarb

Regarding those RGGC's and H's: What actually is "Opti-core? And what's the "European leather" on the RGG's - a kip leather?

Thanks,

Last edited:

Wally Gator

Starting Player
Just did a search and this thread is the closest to my Pro Issue question and concern for how "Pro Issue" appears to be frequently misused. A Rawlings glove or mitt that ends in PRO is a leftover Spring Training model that was made on the retail line. Same leather and same builders. A Pro Issue glove is made from leather cut from a specific area of the hide and is made by a specific worker like the original Opti-core line was advertised as made by one person. Anything to correct or add in regards to Rawlings Pro Issued gloves or mitts?