Rawlings- new official glove of MLB?

bajones2

I've seen a few social media posts with the MLB logo on Rawlings gloves. I know Wilson is currently the "official glove of MLB," so I wonder when that becomes official? And when will they (Wilson) take away the ability to put a team logo on a custom glove?

beeblebobble

Starting Player
I've seen a few social media posts with the MLB logo on Rawlings gloves. I know Wilson is currently the "official glove of MLB," so I wonder when that becomes official? And when will they (Wilson) take away the ability to put a team logo on a custom glove?
Yeah I've been curious as well, how things will shake out after MLB acquired ownership of Rawlings. The press releases at the time seemed to indicate is was to take over control of the baseball manufacturing. As far as Wilson being able to put MLB logos on gloves, that is part of a contract that Wilson has with MLB once that expires then they probably lose the ability, as to when that is, your guess is as good as mine.

Last edited:

Committed

I am not a fan of the placement of the swoosh.

Attachments

• ED0732A0-72DB-4D8C-967C-784A87DF4787.jpeg
    ED0732A0-72DB-4D8C-967C-784A87DF4787.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 46

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Links to these posts please

jkwoody22

League ball huer
The ones Ive seen on what pros wear and other insta are pro guys getting theirs ahead of spring training, not a fan, the Wilsons are integrated better, I just hope it doesn’t make it to the custom builder anytime soon

NYC

Swag on 100.
wilson-a2000-pro-ed12_1_a5e2a8b074436560cbbf67c9aaf24294.jpg
wilson-a2000-pro-ed12_1_a5e2a8b074436560cbbf67c9aaf24294.jpg

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
These are a couple I saw wpw just a patch sewn on, maybe it will be customizable like Wilson’s down the road

Seems like a lot of speculation on that patch. Why wouldn't other players, who are much more familiar or Gold Glove winners, have it on their new gloves? None of Stroman's gamers have the patches. I wonder if, at this point, it is only an option?

bajones2

Seems like a lot of speculation on that patch. Why wouldn't other players, who are much more familiar or Gold Glove winners, have it on their new gloves? None of Stroman's gamers have the patches. I wonder if, at this point, it is only an option?
Yeah those are the 2 posts that I saw on social media I was talking about. At this point it is all speculation, but wouldn't there have to be some sort of contract to allow them to use that logo on a glove? (and I would imagine that contract would give them the title of "The official____of MLB")

jkwoody22

League ball huer
So does this mean Wilson has to retool their glove patterns to omit this, since it was recessed, wouldn’t it be easy to just not cut or remove the leather, and if Rawlings is going to do the patch like above, you should be able to cut the thread and remove it correct, at least the Wilson ones match the thread/embroidery

beeblebobble

Starting Player
I don't like that it isn't optional or customizable in any way.
The MLB patch colors are dependent on your patch colors. If you get classic red white Rawlings labels you get the "classic" red white and blue MLB patch. They match other colors, if you get a blue Rawlings label your MLB patch will have blue in it.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
The MLB patch colors are dependent on your patch colors. If you get classic red white Rawlings labels you get the "classic" red white and blue MLB patch. They match other colors, if you get a blue Rawlings label your MLB patch will have blue in it.
I guess that's better than nothing.

ANNASDAD

The Veteran
I asked, Chad said they’re going to be on the new RGGC customs, I really hate that, it’s going to look terrible on my new NP6!