Rawlings pro 1000 SBF v2.0 ?

Would you be interested in this revamped SBF pro1000?

• Total voters

SoxFan81

Addicted to Softballfans
just was curious if anyone on here might have been daydreaming about the same idea of a possible SBF Rawlings

I was thinking a Rawlings pro1000 13” with the standard pro 1000 single stitched heel , instead of the bulkier vertically stitched heel .

Outside of the heel , I loved everything else about the pro1000 SBF. Size wise it seemed perfect . I’ve tried other 12.75” custom gloves in other Rawlings patterns but they just aren’t the same as the pro 1000 13” pattern .

Haha , who knows maybe nobody else but me would be interested but I figured I’d just run it by fellow glove lovers on here to see .

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
IIRC, Chad asked Rawlings about a 13" pattern softball pattern and Rawlings said it had (years ago) taken the old Pro1000 pattern and made a 13" version of it. When they designed that one, they made the dyes with holes for that lacing pattern. I doubt they would want to spend the money to make a new set of dyes for 100 gloves. But it is worth asking!

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
IIRC, Chad asked Rawlings about a 13" pattern softball pattern and Rawlings said it had (years ago) taken the old Pro1000 pattern and made a 13" version of it. When they designed that one, they made the dyes with holes for that lacing pattern. I doubt they would want to spend the money to make a new set of dyes for 100 gloves. But it is worth asking!
Rawlings has been telling Chad all sorts of stuff that seem to be inconsistent. I remember sending him a pic of someone that posted a 13" 1000 with the regular palm lacing after the 1000SBF was done (and he was told that the funky lacing was the only way they can make that).

OP, (if it's any consolation) the BH34 in the upcoming horween run will be 13" (but it'll be the 3030 pattern).

SoxFan81

Addicted to Softballfans
Rawlings has been telling Chad all sorts of stuff that seem to be inconsistent. I remember sending him a pic of someone that posted a 13" 1000 with the regular palm lacing after the 1000SBF was done (and he was told that the funky lacing was the only way they can make that).

OP, (if it's any consolation) the BH34 in the upcoming horween run will be 13" (but it'll be the 3030 pattern).

Oh nice I hadn’t heard about the BH34 horween . Is that gonna he an SBF exclusive ?

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans

I have also seen 13" Pro504s here and there (pro issue). Can you imagine how crazed guys would go over one of those!

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Oh nice I hadn’t heard about the BH34 horween . Is that gonna he an SBF exclusive ?
Commited posted the link above. 11 models to pick from and (to my knowledge) they'll be released on a monthly basis (similar to the Small Batch but with larger quantities).

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
Can we get camel and timberglaze :D
People are going to be too broke between the Rawlings Horween and Easton Small Batches Year 2 to even get any preorder traction to meet the minimum quantity for additonal SMU's. And there will also be the September RGGC's too. Hahahha...

WillW3

Starting Player
People are going to be too broke between the Rawlings Horween and Easton Small Batches Year 2 to even get any preorder traction to meet the minimum quantity for additonal SMU's. And there will also be the September RGGC's too. Hahahha...
I couldn’t think of a better reason to be broke! Lol

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Funny you mention this I just had a conversation with my rep about doing the PRO1000 again as I have had several requests to make another. What you would not get is a different pattern though. It would be the same glove as produced before so perhaps the new poll should be black or timber?

Committed

Gaming my PRO1000 now and absolutely love it. Would be down for both options if we could do another run.

SoxFan81

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess I will have to try the BH34 since Rawlings won’t allow the traditional heel on any pro1000 13”’s

Probably will just do some custom Rawlings instead 3039 or 3030 or 302

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
BTW I do have a heel change request in with my Rawlings rep on this now. Either way yes or no I will be doing a Timber SMU more than likely.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
From everything I have seen, it looks like this Pro1000 is based on the old USA Pro1000 pattern and not the Pro200 based 12" Pro1000 that Rawlings has sold since 1999. Anyone have both one of these Pro1000s and a Pro200? How different are they?

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Our PRO1000 reminded me of the Silverback when they made those. Anyone have one of those?

SoxFan81

Addicted to Softballfans
BTW I do have a heel change request in with my Rawlings rep on this now. Either way yes or no I will be doing a Timber SMU more than likely.

Chad,
You are the man! Appreciate you trying to make the heel change happen. Even if they won’t I will for sure be doing more customs and buying some of the special make up Rawlings through you . Thanks !!

Just Ron

Addicted to Softballfans

Hey Chad, the heel was definitely an issue with the PRO1000 but I thought shape of the glove was off some how (maybe the width of the h-web was a little small for such a big glove). I have another Rawlings that has a very deep pocket and was made in timberglaze. The REVO950, 9SC127CD. The heel on the Revo is solid and wouldnt probably be liked by many here but the but it’s the shape of the glove that was great. The pocket is bueno (129 design), heel closes TIP (do away with the solid core), and imho much better than the PRO1000. I use mine for infield work, especially pitching and it soaks up the hardest of hits.

I’m always on the hunt for a quality 13” glove and if we made the Revo pattern with the features us glove guys like: 13”, 129 pocket, timberglaze, tip heel, etc. I think you’d have a big hit. Again, just my humble opinion but thought to share.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Can someone snap a pick of the heel and send to me so I can explain to Rawlings what is being requested?

Thanks