Rawlings Pro Preferred Leather - Which Color Performs Best?

JB_on_Baseball

I’m building a custom Pro Preferred glove with a black color shell and possibly gold binding, but I’m still open/undecided on what color to go with for the palm.

I’d appreciate any member input on whether there are significant differences in performance and durability among the eight different color leathers available for Pro Preferred gloves, and which color would be best for the palm of a glove.

Also, any experience/comments regarding gold binding and how it stands up over time would be appreciated as well.

Thanks for your time and interest.

beeblebobble

Starting Player
I have two rich tan customs I'm very happy with though I don't think you are going to see any noticeable difference between colors in longevity. Some differences in the tanning process to get a different color but not so much you suddenly feel like you lost a year of use because you got Mocha instead of Black. Get what you like, you can always get another.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
I've seen timber binding that looks lighter than timber leather, a really nice old school shade to it but as we know timber can be all over the place.
My custom had the lighter binding on it when it was new - the shell was very dark and heavily oiled. The binding has aged and darkened to match pretty well since late 2017 though.