rawlings pro303-4pm vs vinci AB-74 L

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I don't know anything about the pro303.

I know the AB-74 was similar height to my Pro-H's and TB24 12.75" (all fastbacks) but it opened wider and had a bigger/deeper pocket after I took the mallet to both. Big difference to me was the hand stall opening and the back of the glove. AB-74 was able to open up the hand stall more for TIP and worked a little easier with the hinged back. My hand is a XXL though, the AB74 was waaay too big for my wife's hand (youth-L) and I also prefer a hinged back glove.

My A2000 XXL's were the first hinged back gloves I've had and loved them, just couldn't fit my hand in them once I went to TIP.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I thing the Rawlings pro303-4pm may actually be closer to an AB1974 12.75" Vinci open back. This Vinci is a dual welted glove so no mesh but can be custom built with any Vinci leather. I really like the dual welted Vinci patterns myself.

AB1974-L_-_Pocket_-_Web.jpg
AB1974-L_-_Back_-_Web.jpg
AB1974-L_-_Right_View_-_Web.jpg

Also a Custom Optimus 12.75" T Net would blow away the HOH

Optimus_JC_BrownBlack_Lace_-_Right_View_-_Webbig.jpg
Optimus_JC_BrownBlack_Lace_-_Back_View_-_Webbig1-1.jpg
Optimus_JC_BrownBlack_Lace_-_Pocket_View_-_Webbig-1.jpg

Link to Optimus glove builder

http://www.vincipro.com/cart/optimuscustomglove.html

freelanceterry

Addicted to Softballfans
So basically...a 1961 but with the mod trap?

I guess as a side comment, you'd think that the 1974 and 1961 would get more love because of the dual welt. I mean, that's a feature A2000 has pushed for a long time. Plus, they're open back. It just seems that the bmb gets all the attention...despite the closed or semi-closed back. bmb-ob fixes that now...but before that was an option (other then custom), you'd have, even a popular softball model from a major company...say, a rawlings 302...that if it were a "fastback", would get little love on the f/s forum. People overlook it for the vinci's I guess. Not a bad thing. Just an observation.

That optimus looks fantastic

Guessing also that the HOH leather would be closer to the vinci 22 leather?