Rawlings PRODCT Custom Primo

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Just wanted to share my newest custom. Rawlings HOH PRODCT in Primo Sherry with Primo Burgundy lace.

I should have it in hand early next week. Can't wait to get it. I've always wanted a Primo, so I figured this is the next best thing.

EDIT: Better pics below, I have it in hand now.

Last edited:

Legend 94

Addicted to Softballfans
Glove looks great Mike!

Let me know what's leaving the collection to make room for this one LoL...

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Fast turnaround as well. Ordered May 30th, arrived at the store today. (June 29th)

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like some nice pull-up leather there! I really like the lace too. That type of leather can be heavy... how's this one feel?

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks like some nice pull-up leather there! I really like the lace too. That type of leather can be heavy... how's this one feel?

I don't have it in hand, tracking tells me i'll have it July 5th. (Assuming no Canada Post strike.)

I was actually going to ask you...do you know if there is any difference between the "Italian Leather" Primos that were out a couple of years ago, and this HOH Primo Sherry leather?

graziar6

I don't have it in hand, tracking tells me i'll have it July 5th. (Assuming no Canada Post strike.)

I was actually going to ask you...do you know if there is any difference between the "Italian Leather" Primos that were out a couple of years ago, and this HOH Primo Sherry leather?

I spoke with Rawlings today about whether the leather was heavy like the Primo Leather, i wanted to order a glove like this one. I was told that it is HOH leather and not as heavy as the Primo Gloves leather. The Primo's were Italian Leather and infused with oils that made them heavy.

This leather should not be any heavier than any HOH leather, from what Rawlings told m.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
It does not look like the old Primo leather so I doubt it is the same (a good thing, IMO), but if it is a pull-up leather, it will be oil tanned, and so probably as heavy as one made out of the sandlot or black OT leather.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
I spoke with Rawlings today about whether the leather was heavy like the Primo Leather, i wanted to order a glove like this one. I was told that it is HOH leather and not as heavy as the Primo Gloves leather. The Primo's were Italian Leather and infused with oils that made them heavy.

This leather should not be any heavier than any HOH leather, from what Rawlings told m.

It does not look like the old Primo leather so I doubt it is the same (a good thing, IMO), but if it is a pull-up leather, it will be oil tanned, and so probably as heavy as one made out of the sandlot or black OT leather.

Thanks guys for the info. I'll see when it gets here. Right now I also have a custom dct in the dark shadow nubuck suede and it feels super light compared to the retail PRODCTJBT that I had last year.

I imagine this hoh primo sherry will be heavier, but that's ok. I love the look.

graziar6

Felks that looks terrific! Is the leather better (stiffer/more substantial) than the JTan they offer? Also did you get a palm pad with your make up?

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Felks that looks terrific! Is the leather better (stiffer/more substantial) than the JTan they offer? Also did you get a palm pad with your make up?

No palm pad, none of my customs have one.

It is heavier than the JTan, I assume because of the oil tanning? I have a JTan 302-6 custom that will likely be a shelf queen, and actually owned fuzzai's custom 504-5 in JTan for a short while and that leather is like butter when broken in. Definitely can't go wrong with either. I love the classic tan look, but this primo sherry hoh leather you can tell is going to look better and better as it breaks in.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
Looks sweet! What color is the stitching if you don't mind me asking?

It's Primo Sherry HOH leather with Primo Burgundy laces and Tone on Tone stitching. Black palm lining and welting (not that there is any visible welting on a DCT.)

yankees23

Addicted to Softballfans
This is a real sweet classy look. It reminds me of my PRODCTP that I relaced in chocolate lacing. If the leather is anything like the oxblood leather you have yourself a real solid winner!
I finally broke down and ordered myself a knock off copy similar to Hosmer's DCT from Chad last week. We'll see how it turns out once it's done.

yankees23

Addicted to Softballfans
Just wanted to share my newest custom. Rawlings HOH PRODCT in Primo Sherry with Primo Burgundy lace.

I should have it in hand early next week. Can't wait to get it. I've always wanted a Primo, so I figured this is the next best thing.

EDIT: Better pics below, I have it in hand now.

Here's how the DCT came out with the chocolate laces.

Felks32

Addicted to Softballfans
This is a real sweet classy look. It reminds me of my PRODCTP that I relaced in chocolate lacing. If the leather is anything like the oxblood leather you have yourself a real solid winner!
I finally broke down and ordered myself a knock off copy similar to Hosmer's DCT from Chad last week. We'll see how it turns out once it's done.

Yes I've owned a DCTP as well, it was well loved when I got it, and Hank relaced it for me in black. Came out amazing after a good clean/condition/relace. Sold it to Legend94, I'm pretty sure he's gaming it.