Rawlings Trapeze Loop

LaserArm

Addicted to Softballfans
What's the scoop with the Rawlings Trapeze Loop (15) web? Does this play just like a basket web? Looks to be laced to the glove the same way.

A few years back I had a 12" mesh back Rawlings with the dual hinge basket web. I ended up using it for outfield during the week to keep my gamer fresh for the weekend. That dual hinge was by far the deepest glove I have ever had. I think the mesh helped too. I figure that web would play deeper than a standard basket, but I would have a good idea at least of how a regular basket would play. I play 3rd now so I don't want that deep of a pocket, but COVID-19 boredom has me fiddling with the custom glove builder making me think that I need another custom. I don't need one, but yes I do .

I still have 2 gloves to break in this year, but I've heard the "3 is the magic number" song and if it's in a song it has to be true.

mvfjet

Part Time Player
I ordered a mod trap loop on my custom pro208 about a month ago. Who knows when I'll get it but if you're willing to wait I can give you my opinion when I get it.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
What basket's do when they break in is let the glove play a little deeper as the leather stretches and the weave expands. On impact, this distributes the energy so the ball should be less likely to pop out (although the degree of this is probably pretty minimal). But they also connect to the glove all along the perimeter so they help a glove keep its shape. I love them, especially for larger gloves. This web looks like it will do much the same, but the web can only stretch sideways, not vertically.

MaverickAH

What basket's do when they break in is let the glove play a little deeper as the leather stretches and the weave expands. On impact, this distributes the energy so the ball should be less likely to pop out (although the degree of this is probably pretty minimal). But they also connect to the glove all along the perimeter so they help a glove keep its shape. I love them, especially for larger gloves. This web looks like it will do much the same, but the web can only stretch sideways, not vertically.

I've used this web before. Different brand but exactly the same. I've always known this style of web as a Net-T Web. It's basically a modified trap web built within a frame. Because of the design, it'll be very difficult to stretch out other than giving the laces some slack along the edge. It will play very similar to a closed web if not exactly the same. TBH, I would prefer (11), (12) or (14) before this one.

This web style is not a favorite of mine.