Re-grouping a team

Shook8

Addicted to Softballfans
Thinking about dropping about half of my players and along with another player that is moving next year after he get's married:rolleyes: I know it's hard to find good and reliable players but I'm getting burnt out with playing with most of the guys that constantly whine and ***** about everything, and get there 5min before the game starts, while I'm trying other senarios on how to do the lineup. Sorry just had to rant a bit

jackrook

Addicted to Softballfans
dont take it too serious, this is softball. mnake the best choices with what you have available and play smart. you'll win.

Shook8

Addicted to Softballfans
dont take it too serious, this is softball. mnake the best choices with what you have available and play smart. you'll win.

Yeah this year I have been really laid back and just enjoying playing the game more, and I like winning as good as anybody but hey it's not the world series or anything you know. I just get burnt out on people that wanna hang out with you and be your best buddy one minute, but the next they're talking behind your back and whining and not putting any effort what so ever when it comes to getting to the games on time, and the ones that live only 5min away from the ball park are the ones that are always late. It's like babysitting sometimes

Shook8

Addicted to Softballfans
So how do you go about cutting people cause I'd love to

I haven't had to cut anybody, yet that is, but I have ignored some people from last year that I didn't want on the team this year and it looks like that's what I'm going to have to do this year also

msoares2123

Addicted to Softballfans
end that team and start fresh. it is the best option. make sure you get the "right" people on the new team. it makes all the difference in the world.

Shook8

Addicted to Softballfans
end that team and start fresh. it is the best option. make sure you get the "right" people on the new team. it makes all the difference in the world.

Yeah really thinking about it, I would only keep 2-3 people at the most. I'm just getting to much of a buddy system going and it's working against us. Most guys on the team are getting to comfortable in a bad way

msoares2123

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah really thinking about it, I would only keep 2-3 people at the most. I'm just getting to much of a buddy system going and it's working against us. Most guys on the team are getting to comfortable in a bad way

keep who you want. remember, you don't owe them anything. start fresh and you will enjoy the game more.

I am in the same perdicament right now... I know that there are guys that need to be cut in order to be competitive but we are all friends. We have been together for the past 3+ seasons and there is literally no improvement. Where do we go from here? I really don't want to risk ruining friendships over softball but I know that some people might take it that way. I hold practices and you get the same 5-6 guys who show up every time. It's not like we are all a bunch of bums.... How do you get guys to care and really listen to what you are trying to say?!?

xLongBallx

I may have a problem.....
I am in the same perdicament right now... I know that there are guys that need to be cut in order to be competitive but we are all friends. We have been together for the past 3+ seasons and there is literally no improvement. Where do we go from here? I really don't want to risk ruining friendships over softball but I know that some people might take it that way. I hold practices and you get the same 5-6 guys who show up every time. It's not like we are all a bunch of bums.... How do you get guys to care and really listen to what you are trying to say?!?

unfortunately you cant change people. You need to figure out what it is YOU want to do if u want to just play rec ball then your all set. BUT if you want to be a competitive team and improve so that you can move up or do tourny's etc, you need to state to the team that is what you are doing and if they arent there for that then GTFO

babales

Only kind of here
I haven't had to cut anybody, yet that is, but I have ignored some people from last year that I didn't want on the team this year and it looks like that's what I'm going to have to do this year also

Now this is class defined right here.

peck22

Extra Hitter
what i did was talk to some one else in to starting a team and offer to help them just tell every one that your just going to play on that team that way there there is no feelings hurt just hope no one from last year reads this post lol

u234bob

Blah Blah Blah
I am not asking half of my team back next year as well. It is supposed to be fun but isn't when you have people that whine, or simply don't put forth effort. My only issue is getting replacements.

Gio

Resident SBF Guitarist
Thinking about dropping about half of my players and along with another player that is moving next year after he get's married:rolleyes: I know it's hard to find good and reliable players but I'm getting burnt out with playing with most of the guys that constantly whine and ***** about everything, and get there 5min before the game starts, while I'm trying other senarios on how to do the lineup. Sorry just had to rant a bit

I would go around the leagues and tournaments and talk to players and get to know alot of them because then you can scout players if you have something to offer in the situation.

This is softball man......It's about life and death........:p:D

Shook8

Addicted to Softballfans
I would go around the leagues and tournaments and talk to players and get to know alot of them because then you can scout players if you have something to offer in the situation

that's what I've been doing scouting for next year, but it seems around here good infielders are a dime a dozen but it's really hard tofind good outfielders for some reason

12pack

Addicted to Softballfans

Have 2 teams, one for your buds and one that you win with.

bearski

Addicted to Softballfans
Cutting people is easy. Just dont invite them for the next Session im doing this now. Im not exactly cutting people just not inviting them to play on my team for second season. Basically you paid to play one season and its up.

MarcTheArc

<font color="#000080">Arc Angels Softball</font>

Sometimes running a team can be a thankless job. It takes a lot of time and work to get the right people. Chemistry is paramount. Cut out all the cancer asap. Negative people can bring down a team and create animosity.I've been fortunate enough to surround myself with a great team of people.

Shook8

Addicted to Softballfans
I've been cutting 1-2 players every year for the past couple of years and that's been working pretty good just have to make sure I can replace them with somebody as good preferably better for the position. One guy I cut from last years team is a co-worker, he's a nice guy to me but he was the worse player on the team and would make smart remarks to certain players for no reason and because of that nobody on the team wanted him back. I just can't mention playing around him now