Re-issue DC... as good as the original?

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gCz4pluqEg[/ame]

Lots of speculation to whether these are the same, different, or even any good at all. After spending some time with mine I honestly feel like the only difference was the endload. These are more endload than the originals but performance feels right on par with the original in my opinion. Everyone has their tin foil hat theories on how or why they're different, but I honestly feel it's just the same. Your thoughts?

XFactor01

Addicted to Softballfans
Middle's open! :D

Thanks for the vid. Been looking at getting a RI for some time now, just haven't pulled the trigger.

Darracq

Don't feel the same, ri take more swings to break in but I think its just as hot, had 2 of each.

Sinyk

Addicted to Softballfans
My 27oz RI BP [ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFCPldyrRwg&feature=youtu.be[/ame]

Absolutely LOVE the bat and I agree with the endload difference vs the original.

single wally

Professional Amateur
I've only taken a few swings with my RI DC41, but so far, I agree with LSX. Aside from endload and knob size, any debate between the OG and RI is splitting hairs IMO.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
Middle's open! :D

Thanks for the vid. Been looking at getting a RI for some time now, just haven't pulled the trigger.
Gotta keep the pitcher on their toes! :D

Worth it if you ask me. I really like mine.

I broke mine in 30 swings...smh
#minimasher
Don't feel the same, ri take more swings to break in but I think its just as hot, had 2 of each.
It honestly could have taken more. I broke this in in the cold so it didn't take much to get going. Never considered that variable until I saw your post.
My 27oz RI BP https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFCPldyrRwg&feature=youtu.be

Absolutely LOVE the bat and I agree with the endload difference vs the original.
Nice vid man
I've only taken a few swings with my RI DC41, but so far, I agree with LSX. Aside from endload and knob size, any debate between the OG and RI is splitting hairs IMO.

Don't go on record too often with saying you agree with me. I'm the dumbest person alive in some people's eyes lol

Darracq

I had a 27 and a 26 now, the 26 broke in faster and I think is hotter, but the both started out stiff and pingy but the distance was still good.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I hit this indoors with 52's when it was NOW and holy crap it was loud lol. That ping sound so bad. I'm glad it eventually goes away

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Different. The RI has a heavier load and is stiffer outta the gate. Alot like the 15DC. Wait.... Those came out about the same time.... Hmmmmmmmmm. Weird.

I will say this, the differences aren't drastic. Both killer bats.

Darracq

Different. The RI has a heavier load and is stiffer outta the gate. Alot like the 15DC. Wait.... Those came out about the same time.... Hmmmmmmmmm. Weird.

I will say this, the differences aren't drastic. Both killer bats.

The black ones break in faster to me, and have a little different feel.

BassBlaster

Starting Player
Roughly how many hits does the RI take to break in? I just used mine for the first time today. Was able to put a couple out with it but only swung it about 15 times before switching to the new 2016 Freak Black and started dropping bombs straight out of the wrapper. The DC41 feels much nicer to me than the Black but the Black just drives the ball with little to no effort. Really hoping this DC comes along.

Darracq

Roughly how many hits does the RI take to break in? I just used mine for the first time today. Was able to put a couple out with it but only swung it about 15 times before switching to the new 2016 Freak Black and started dropping bombs straight out of the wrapper. The DC41 feels much nicer to me than the Black but the Black just drives the ball with little to no effort. Really hoping this DC comes along.

It will come along give it some time, I didn't care for the feel of them when new even though the distance was good. I say around 200 swings it will loosen up and feel real good.

Ballisttic

Star Player

Dang man you put 15 swings on your RI and it don't go 400'. It was a dud you need to send it back for a warranty claim.

BassBlaster

Starting Player
Dang man you put 15 swings on your RI and it don't go 400'. It was a dud you need to send it back for a warranty claim.

Don't be a douche bag. I simply asked a question about how long it may take to open up. I didn't whine or complain or say I expected something different. There are a million threads on here where people say to not BP a Miken very much at all. Being new to Miken, its logical to ask questions. There is a thread about why this site is dying. Replies like that are the very reason I rarely post here.