Re-Issue Freak 12's - How durable are these things?

KoolAid

I have a re-issue Freak 12 that has close to 900 hits on it and still going strong. My receipt is a few months from expiration and this thing is showing no signs of breaking. How many hits can I expect before it gives up the ghost? I would like to break/return it for a Freak 30 but this thing is a tank.

4xtra

Player/Coach
I have a re-issue Freak 12 that has close to 900 hits on it and still going strong. My receipt is a few months from expiration and this thing is showing no signs of breaking. How many hits can I expect before it gives up the ghost? I would like to break/return it for a Freak 30 but this thing is a tank.

at 900 swings and the bat is a "tank"?
lol, an Easton IMX bat would STILL be stiff.

From what I have seen,
Miken / Worths usually last 1000-1500 swings before they die.

WillW3

Starting Player
Receipts are easy to come by, just keep swinging. You've already gotten way more swings out of it than 99% of people. It's definitely a tank for a Freak 12.

KoolAid

Thanks for the input. We normally use 52's so those balls are not hard on bats. I was expecting it to blow up after 500-600 hits by how hot it was out of the wrapper.

By "tank" i meant that it's still holding up. The bat is as hot as fish grease!

4xtra

Player/Coach
Thanks for the input. We normally use 52's so those balls are not hard on bats. I was expecting it to blow up after 500-600 hits by how hot it was out of the wrapper.

If you stick to 52's ONLY, that bat actually will last a while.
The Freak 12 is the real deal.

bulldog10

swamp donkey slayer

You don't hit as hard as people on this board that's why it hasn't broke.

roxtc

I think they're relatively durable. I should have over 1000 hits on mine. I play on 2 teams, 3 days a week. 1 team that's a little more rec, half the team uses my bat, and on the other team where everyone has their own bat, a couple guys use my bat.

It was hot off the wrapper but I noticed around 500 hits or so, the sound changed. When you get the sweet spot, it sounds like the bat has cracked. The results also increased 5 - 10% at least to my perception.

ThroughbeingIAN

Starting Player
My 12ri was the same way. No signs of wear 1000 swings in. Then one day i noticed a decent rattle. Barrel snapped during next bp.
I do hit a lot of classic M's and harder stuff during bp though.

swampdonkey1

Star Player
I hit mine over 500 times in the cage last winter and have close to 2,000 swings on it now. Still passes, no rattles/cracks/issues at all. Used in HR derby's with 44/525 and harder, no worries about it breaking anytime soon.