Re: Tracking vs Cracks

Rich4863

Combat Ho
How can you tell the difference between when theres tracking on a bat versus when it cracks? Specifically with Eastons & Combats.

Thanks!

bigsmooth13

Manager
Tracking usually runs horizontal with the barrel. It can vary on how it looks. Most cracks will be in a less linear fashion, be more jagged looking,and tend to be diagonal or go more around the barrel.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I've never known Eastons to track, but it's very common for Combats. Sometimes it means the end is near and for other models it simply means they're breaking in.

On every combat I've busted, it cracked around the barrel. The tracking ran along the barrel.

Rich4863

Combat Ho
The bat is a Combat. The wear goes horizontal along the barrel & not around the barrel. Its a straight line that
goes something like this: ------- --------. Its like 2 separate fine lines that look like they are about to merge. Id take pics
but its a little too difficult to show. I can most definitely feel it though.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
The bat is a Combat. The wear goes horizontal along the barrel & not around the barrel. Its a straight line that
goes something like this: ------- --------. Its like 2 separate fine lines that look like they are about to merge. Id take pics
but its a little too difficult to show. I can most definitely feel it though.

tracking....................All good.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
My UTrip Portent tracked last year and it meant literally nothing. Bat never busted and it was just another sign of breaking in, but not as definite as how webbing used to mean an Easton was all the way broken in. My Portent just continued to get hotter. It tracked in about 50-75 swings.

one of my senior combats has this tracking for almost 2 years now....so far no problem....i use it for cold days and bp as my gamer for senior play is the reebok melle now.....

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
They call it tracking. I tell that to umps who throw my bat out, they laugh. Tracking or cracking, many places are not going to allow it to be used.