Recommendations for quality 12.75" or 13" gloves around $150.

NovaCats33

Hey guys, looking for some guidance. Former baseball player making the jump over to competitive slowpitch. I'll be playing a mix of IF/OF, and want to invest in a quality glove that will last me some time. Trying to keep my budget at about $150 if possible. Any recommendations?

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Wilson 1799, a good clean used one on here

To this I'd add a used Rawlings PRO303.

For new, unless you can find something on discount or clearance, $150 will get you a mid-level glove. Look into the Mizuno MVP Prime gloves. And if you find something at the SBF store, DM CHad (milocomen) for a discount.

huntaholic21

Addicted to Softballfans
Check out the mizuno pro select, Easton legacy elite, Wilson A2000 sp125 or 1799 or Rawlings heart of the hide 303.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
You can get more bang for your buck w any good brand name used glove. As an example a new Vinci PC or #22 can be had for around $160 .But if you go used you may find a Limited Kip glove in the same range. It seems most baseball players dont opt for huge gloves so a 12.75" or 13" would serv you well, maybe even a 12.5" if you really like smaller. In Vinci look at the BMB, AB74, PJV ( trap) all 13" and even the RV1961 (12.75" H web) or the RV1923 (12.5" H only in #22 steer hide). But still, better bang for a lightly or well taken care of used glove, regardles of the brand

NYC

Swag on 100.
$150 is kinda neither here nor there, I would definitely save up a bit longer (it's still February you have time) and get a $250 range glove like a wilson a2000 or rawlings heart of the hide.

defos

You can get more bang for your buck w any good brand name used glove. As an example a new Vinci PC or #22 can be had for around $160 .But if you go used you may find a Limited Kip glove in the same range. It seems most baseball players dont opt for huge gloves so a 12.75" or 13" would serv you well, maybe even a 12.5" if you really like smaller. In Vinci look at the BMB, AB74, PJV ( trap) all 13" and even the RV1961 (12.75" H web) or the RV1923 (12.5" H only in #22 steer hide). But still, better bang for a lightly or well taken care of used glove, regardless of the brand

This ^. I've bought ProPreferreds that were essentially new and not broken in for $100 or a little more. The Primo I currently have is in great shape, and I got it for $110. HOHs tend to often have better resale value than ProPreferreds, so they will be in that range or a little more. The trick is finding a model you want that just has the original stiffness worked out, but hasn't been shaped yet. Rawlings GG Elites are pretty good gloves too, especially from a few years back. Full retail is $150, but they can be had new for around $100.

MaverickAH

Hey guys, looking for some guidance. Former baseball player making the jump over to competitive slowpitch. I'll be playing a mix of IF/OF, and want to invest in a quality glove that will last me some time. Trying to keep my budget at about $150 if possible. Any recommendations?

A little more information about your likes & dislikes would help in guiding you in the right direction. It sounds like you're looking for a two-way glove that'll serve you for both IF & OF. With that in mind, you should be looking at gloves that are 12.5" to 13" in size. This is a good size range for a 2-way glove. RHT or LHT? Web & back preferences? Other preferences? What did you use for baseball?

Not everybody wants a used glove. Decide if you want to buy new or used. If you decide to go the "used" route, err on the side of caution. Personally, anything other than, "a little couch catch" or "new w/o tags" is a no go for me. Insist on pics that show the condition of the glove from all angles with plenty of detail. The more, the better.

Stick to your budget unless something really blows you away. Saying that you have to spend $250 is bs. It's getting kind of close to the season but deals can still be found if you look. They are tougher to find this time of the year though. If you have to increase the amount you spend, bump it up $50, not $100. Look for brands outside of the big 3 & you can find quality that can directly compete. Leather Head, Easton, Kelley, Louisville Slugger, Glovesmith, Vinci & others offer great products.

NovaCats33

A little more information about your likes & dislikes would help in guiding you in the right direction. It sounds like you're looking for a two-way glove that'll serve you for both IF & OF. With that in mind, you should be looking at gloves that are 12.5" to 13" in size. This is a good size range for a 2-way glove. RHT or LHT? Web & back preferences? Other preferences? What did you use for baseball?

Not everybody wants a used glove. Decide if you want to buy new or used. If you decide to go the "used" route, err on the side of caution. Personally, anything other than, "a little couch catch" or "new w/o tags" is a no go for me. Insist on pics that show the condition of the glove from all angles with plenty of detail. The more, the better.

Stick to your budget unless something really blows you away. Saying that you have to spend $250 is bs. It's getting kind of close to the season but deals can still be found if you look. They are tougher to find this time of the year though. If you have to increase the amount you spend, bump it up $50, not $100. Look for brands outside of the big 3 & you can find quality that can directly compete. Leather Head, Easton, Kelley, Louisville Slugger, Glovesmith, Vinci & others offer great products.

True, good points man. RHT and I’d say I prefer either H/I webs or modified traps. For what I used, I was a primary catcher (used an Akadema which was a low key great glove), and then used a HOH at 3B and 1B (2 different gloves obviously). Other preferences-wise, I’m looking for something pretty snug fitting that breaks in well but still has support up in the tip.

MaverickAH

True, good points man. RHT and I’d say I prefer either H/I webs or modified traps. For what I used, I was a primary catcher (used an Akadema which was a low key great glove), and then used a HOH at 3B and 1B (2 different gloves obviously). Other preferences-wise, I’m looking for something pretty snug fitting that breaks in well but still has support up in the tip.

If you like snug, here's what I would suggest first:

https://www.ballglovewarehouse.com/product/mizuno-global-elite-fastpitch-series--gge70fpv/21395/

Yes, it's a fast pitch glove but unless your hands are very large, you should be okay. I believe that it originally retailed around $300 so it's a good deal. There's also the added benefit that it's fully returnable if you receive it & don't like it.

NovaCats33

This ^. I've bought ProPreferreds that were essentially new and not broken in for $100 or a little more. The Primo I currently have is in great shape, and I got it for $110. HOHs tend to often have better resale value than ProPreferreds, so they will be in that range or a little more. The trick is finding a model you want that just has the original stiffness worked out, but hasn't been shaped yet. Rawlings GG Elites are pretty good gloves too, especially from a few years back. Full retail is $150, but they can be had new for around $100.

That’s definitely good to know. Are you usually going through the forums here to find those used deals, or are there other sites you like to look through?

Eahilder

If you absolutely can't increase the budget and want new I saw an a2000 on ebay for 150 .It was the USA model though

defos

That’s definitely good to know. Are you usually going through the forums here to find those used deals, or are there other sites you like to look through?

Ebay only. Sometimes people advertise a glove wrong - like the new ProPreferred 1st base mitt that was listed as a Gold Glove Elite, even though the pics were definitely PP. Most of the time I'm just fortunate or blessed. I just jump on great deals.

Sorry for the late reply. Don't know how I missed your question before tonight.