Redneck Local Pickup Tourneys

igo4uga0586

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone else have experience with one of these? Common things that can be found during it are....

1. People with 8 bats in their bag
2. Players openly admitting they their bats are all shaved
3. Players also admitting that their freak is a repainted Ultra 2
4. Ooooooooooops after every hit
5. Purposeful middle hits
6. Everyone playing / watching the game smokes
7. Police cars pass by every 15 mins just to check on things
8. People wearing expensive jerseys for teams they were never on
9. 80 dollar pants to go with their jersey
10. Teams admitting the 44/400 ball they are using is a restiched 50/550, 44/525, 47/575

the list could go on forever.....

will_reed

has been/never was
You aren't very far from me, and it sounds like you just played in Whitwell...

Anyone else have experience with one of these? Common things that can be found during it are....

10. Teams admitting the 44/400 ball they are using is a restiched 50/550, 44/525, 47/575

pamalone10

*** Sales Rep
Didnt have to leave the state. This doesnt just include redneck ball, its Georgia Softball. The motto for some players " if you aint cheatin you aint tryin"

hedge

life takes guts
the only thing that comes to mind when i think of redneck tournaments are; metal bats, white t-shirts with numbers puffy painted on the back, jorts, pbr and out of town teams being boo'd when they are up to bat.

rj_brown77

Addicted to Softballfans
Didnt have to leave the state. This doesnt just include redneck ball, its Georgia Softball. The motto for some players " if you aint cheatin you aint tryin"

We were playing a team from GA at the pic a couple weeks ago(rts) I think and their third baseman actually said that to me. Then he told me that we didn't want to win if we weren't cheating, but we beat them and sent them back to GA.

spos21ram

The Legend
Stupest thread ever and it's not even about coed. That list has nothing to do with red necks. Come on man a real redneck dont have a pot to piss in, let alone 8 rolled painted and shaved ultras.

onlyworth10

I Quit
We were playing a team from GA at the pic a couple weeks ago(rts) I think and their third baseman actually said that to me. Then he told me that we didn't want to win if we weren't cheating, but we beat them and sent them back to GA.

Yes there was lots of Cheating in that tourny... LOTS

Chilli_Dipper

Las3rSh0w
the only thing that comes to mind when i think of redneck tournaments are; metal bats, white t-shirts with numbers puffy painted on the back, jorts, pbr and out of town teams being boo'd when they are up to bat.

this is what i was thinkin too. but its usually always jeans here

landsharklager

GDC MULTI-PLATINUM MEMBER

This is what I imagine as well. Along with old $25 Rawlings gloves from Wal-Mart they bought in 1983.

drburges

OOH KILL EM
I don't see what OP is even saying. What he described is any tourney really. If you've ever played in a small town tourney or "redneck" as described it's the outta town city boys that do all that stuff. The rednecks do play in jorts as described before and usually are done early in their own tourney. There's usually one field and it takes all weekend for 8 teams to play. The umpire is also the announcer and concession stand guy. The town is miles away from anywhere and the only real place to go between games is the gas station up the road.

igo4uga0586

Addicted to Softballfans
If you've ever played in a small town tourney or "redneck" as described it's the outta town city boys that do all that stuff. The rednecks do play in jorts as described before and usually are done early in their own tourney. There's usually one field and it takes all weekend for 8 teams to play. The umpire is also the announcer and concession stand guy. The town is miles away from anywhere and the only real place to go between games is the gas station up the road.

All True statements.

One field, and the tourney ended at 4am this morning.

The tourney was for Rockmart HS's fastpitch team if any one of the GA people know where that is.

Aragon, GA was where this one was

And these are "Redneck" tourneys compared to sanctioned NSA/USSSA/ISA tourneys that we have here in GA.

Robby123

Played in a ton of them... you just forgot the drunk outfielder making amazing plays that would never be made sober. :)

Whitey0817

Addicted to Softballfans
Cooler full of Busch gold top, a nice mullet and Macgregor cleats along with the old lady in the stands in jorts and a bikini top...kick ass man

igo4uga0586

Addicted to Softballfans
Robby and Whitey... are you sure you werent there last night? Because you hit the nail on the head for sure!

One guy batted in jeans, tshirt with smokes in the front pocket, cig in his mouth and bandana on his head

MorganGrafixx

Extra Hitter

You aren't very far from me, and it sounds like you just played in Whitwell...

Nope....this guy MUST have played at Stone Road. Seriously, dudes were openly commenting on having cut sticks. I even mentioned to one of them, that I might be worried if they knew how to swing them.

B~TOWN

Addicted to Softballfans
This doesn't sound redneck at all more like your average tournament . I've saw redneck ball jeans works boots and mashing 350 all day with pos bats .