Reissue Catty???

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Did anyone ever blow up a reissue Catalyst? I ask because I stinkin love my OG Cat, but I have not found simlar love for the RI. I must wonder if the difference is that you could break in the original on harder balls. If someone broke one though, and still didn't like it, that theory would be dead.

heydude

Addicted to Softballfans
Broke mine in with stadiums it still going strong and crushes everyone swings it on the team

Mine hits both the harder balls and mush great and I have no problems with other people swinging it. Plus it's a great cold weather bat.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm surprised it wasn't more popular then. Do you guys feel like, other than the endload situation, it was probably the same bat as the original, like LS claims?

Last edited:
I liked my ri catty. Mine was defective though, or it's not really a cold weather bat. Broke it in 300-400 swings. All kinds of weather. Prob in 40's when it broke. Classic M's with a few zn's mixed in.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow! Although I've only taken a few swings below 60 and even fewer below 50, I've put a ton of swings on my OG Catty with .47/500's and I don't think it's gonna give anytime soon. Obviously this Texas heat is good to bats, but I'm surprised a classic-M put a whoopin on a Cat!

Yeah, I specifically bought it cause I found it for really cheap and heard it was a cold weather bat. In WA we play in colder weather a lot. I guess not. My Eastons have been good though. Also my ri z2k. 1400-1600 cuts in all sorts of weather.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I had a RI endload last 1500+ swings before the endcap flew out, the bat itself had no damage. Not even webbing. Cold weather, harder balls, I abused it and it wouldn't quit. Some guys on here have had them blow in under 100 swings. Same old story with LS, the quality control is hit or miss.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
This all blows my mind. The OG Catty had legendary durability! Mine has got to have 4000+ cuts with .47/500's. A buddy has to have over 2000 on his. We've been hittin em hard since around '06!

single wally

Professional Amateur
I agree with the comments on here. There is no consistency in these bats, and they fall into three general buckets a) tank that catches fire right before blowing, b) tank that gets good but never great before blowing, c) fire out of the wrapper and breaks in 100 swings. I've owned a couple of B's, and my teammates had A's and C's. Their saving grace is that they can be had for dirt cheap.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Hmmm. I don't think that represents the original. I wonder if LS began rolling them at the factory to improve break-in with new balls.

Stengy

Taste Tester
My Catty RI looks like the thumb print was put on after packaging, slightly crooked. It is a TANK! Probably 1200 evil BP ball swings and looks and feels brand new.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
I agree with the comments on here. There is no consistency in these bats, and they fall into three general buckets a) tank that catches fire right before blowing, b) tank that gets good but never great before blowing, c) fire out of the wrapper and breaks in 100 swings. I've owned a couple of B's, and my teammates had A's and C's. Their saving grace is that they can be had for dirt cheap.

Mine was a d) great out of the wrapper and kept getting better for 1000+ swings.

BennyD417

Baller
Which cattys are u guys talking about? I have an OG shrek catty, and a red old stamp utrip endload. Both are logs.

Hiltz

Built for comfort
There are SB105's and SB105E's with, and without, the thumbprint stamp. All LS did was add the stamp to existing inventory. The new stamps appear as decals and are not part of the original paint scheme. There is no difference in the actual bat, just some have the stamp, some don't.

I'm not sure, but weren't the original Catalyst's (green ASA and yellow USSSA) made in the USA? I know for sure that the re-issues were made in China.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
There are SB105's and SB105E's with, and without, the thumbprint stamp. All LS did was add the stamp to existing inventory. The new stamps appear as decals and are not part of the original paint scheme. There is no difference in the actual bat, just some have the stamp, some don't.

I'm not sure, but weren't the original Catalyst's (green ASA and yellow USSSA) made in the USA? I know for sure that the re-issues were made in China.

I'm not certain where the OG's were made. Mine I far too scratched up to read anything on it.

Made in China woul explain the lack of quality control, and LS seams to be getting what they deserve in regard to their reputation. How many threads mention quality control on their bats? How much of this is probably comes from models made in China? Shame on you LS for taking jobs overseas. Shame on you too Democrat voters, for making it so much more expensive to manufacture here!

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Thing I don't get, all the desirable Easton models are made in China and have a reputation for crazy durability. Flex, Extended, 100H, 100W, ST100, SY100, SRV3, 4, 5, etc....

All Chinese. LS needs to take their outsourcing down the road.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
Thing I don't get, all the desirable Easton models are made in China and have a reputation for crazy durability. Flex, Extended, 100H, 100W, ST100, SY100, SRV3, 4, 5, etc....

All Chinese. LS needs to take their outsourcing down the road.

Yeah....maybe Easton keeps more employees on site keeping tabs on QC. Who knows? Not me!

I'll be the first to say that "made in China" is no longer the badge of cheap crap that it once was. We need to support "made in USA" if we want jobs in the future. One day China will able to do all the engineering and technological things on their own, and we won't have anything here but mouths to feed.

I may be a Miken man now....and Anderson.

THESHOE

Starting Player
That usually only means cheap overseas parts assembled in USA anyways now though.

Yeah....maybe Easton keeps more employees on site keeping tabs on QC. Who knows? Not me!

I'll be the first to say that "made in China" is no longer the badge of cheap crap that it once was. We need to support "made in USA" if we want jobs in the future. One day China will able to do all the engineering and technological things on their own, and we won't have anything here but mouths to feed.

I may be a Miken man now....and Anderson.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
That usually only means cheap overseas parts assembled in USA anyways now though.

With a composite bat, the assymbly is the most important part!

I know some laws changed, but because I see labels saying "assymbled in USA" and "made in USA using foreign and domestic materials" I would say that tree must still be a rather significant percentage of manufacturing done here to label "made in USA".