Relacing, what color?

chavist93

I want to have my 1799 relaced in a contrasting color. I know it's subjective, but any suggestions on color? The stitching i dark grey and the welting is either dirty white or light grey. I cant remember what the welting looked like new. I'm thinking grey laces, but I don't know?

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
Grey would be good. Maybe maroon? Check out/ ask Dan davis, (davis relacing), here, facebook, instagram. He, rous, dan tomasik, and others have done hundreds of gloves.

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
Cream/kentucky cream might be nice too. I'm colorblind tho so take it for what it's worth lol.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
Chocolate would be my first choice, but that isn't contrasting! Kentucky cream or camel is my second choice.

davisrelacing

The Other Guy
Yellow would pop most.
I've done this glove in cream and it was pretty nice.
Mizuno has a brown that is grey on the sides, I think that would look good too.

moren025

Addicted to Softballfans
Yellow will complement the embroidery and the light grey compliments the welting.
Personally, I'm thinking the cream color like mentioned above

Hiltz

Built for comfort
Chocolate would be my first choice, but that isn't contrasting! Kentucky cream or camel is my second choice.

Chocolate/dark brown if it's darker than the glove leather. Black would look nice too, it would tie in with the patches and stampings. Plain tan would look nice if you can get some that's more yellow on the edges, it would really jive with the yellow logos. I'd go with tan for that reason along with the fact that tan laces are generally stiffer than coloured laces.

I think cream/camel would look great... for a few weeks until it got dirty and just looked like dark brown.

...Jesus...

Phantomblack

Addicted to Softballfans
Keep it classic and go with the tanners chocolate. If it were a 1799B, you would have a lot more color options.

brennen15

Addicted to Softballfans
Just relaced this one in grey, looks good
C890D8AB-F517-4218-A1B7-71C627DD6BA9_zps00k7xrmx.jpg

D30AF690-ED71-466A-A83C-6CAE4433EEB1_zps9qiprbky.jpg

043CC86C-71E7-4EEC-8009-023476BD2616_zpsjhiscppg.jpg

FlashTheLeather

Addicted to Softballfans
I personally don't like adding colors to the glove that aren't already there. I would either do yellow or black to match the Wilson patch / A2000 embroidery.

chavist93

So I decided against the lighter colors figuring the would just get dirty fast. Dan (Davis Relacing) sent me these pics yesterday and I couldn't be happier.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
I've got the same glove (still stock), I think it's the best 1799 color pattern so far. I go for the more traditional looks. You put those camel laces on there and it adds a little pop and still looks classic. Great choice there.

chavist93

Thanks Dan. I actually forgot about it. I don't remember what ball it was, but probably not worth shipping. I'll probably be sending you another soon.