Rememberable double plays

JJR12

Addicted to Softballfans
Memborable double plays

We turned a double play tonight that was the first of this type that I have seen...

Now I have seen guys get thrown out at 1st from the outfield... But tonight... We turned a 9-6-3 double play. Our RC was playing the batter real shallow. Batter hits a line drive that one hops the RC, he comes up firing to me at 2, I catch, turn and throw all in one motion to get the guy out at 1st on a bang bang play....

Anyone else seen or been part of different type of double plays that you don't often see??

Last edited:

Lord7

Banned User
Rememberable:confused: Is that like really memorable? I'll grant you it is a real word, just don't see it used much. I commend you. You are commendable. Recommendable if I ever commend you again.

JJR12

Addicted to Softballfans
Rememberable:confused: Is that like really memorable? I'll grant you it is a real word, just don't see it used much. I commend you. You are commendable. Recommendable if I ever commend you again.

You my friend have to much blood in your alcohol for a Friday night... :D

dj_morton

Addicted to Softballfans

I was like huh? This will be a rememerable thread.

EAJuggalo

Addicted to Softballfans
Our pitcher last year got thrown out from left, some people are that slow that it can be done.

Stratt

to many bats
My most rememberable double play should have been a triple play. Runner on 1st and 2nd, I get a charity hop at ss and tag runner, throw to 2nd, he makes a perfect throw to first, first basemen drops ball.

5-4-2;6-4-2;4-6-2,i have done this a few times in senior ball.have also been the middle in a few triple plays,5-4-3 back in the day.

asharpless0116

Addicted to Softballfans
my favorite is with a man on first and a weak liner up the middle an intentional drop pick up.tag 2nd and throw it over to first to throw out the dude walkin back to the dug out cause he thought you were gonna catch it .....I lmao everytime this happens hahaha

Hi-Five#21

Leadoff.....
I remember the one that got away...

Runner on first and second and no outs:

One hopper to third baseman playing even with the bag. He touches third and fires a strike to me at second an I roll the ball to the pitchers mound. Once it was half way there the runner barely made it to first. The triple play that got away....stupid summer heat.

Pylon #00

Bad Mother****er
We turned a double play tonight that was the first of this type that I have seen...

Now I have seen guys get thrown out at 1st from the outfield... But tonight... We turned a 9-6-3 double play. Our RC was playing the batter real shallow. Batter hits a line drive that one hops the RC, he comes up firing to me at 2, I catch, turn and throw all in one motion to get the guy out at 1st on a bang bang play....

Anyone else seen or been part of different type of double plays that you don't often see??

How slow was the chick that hit the ball? :rolleyes: