Removing Sticker Residue

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Fast orange smooth (without pumice) is safe to use on leather, otherwise you can put a little oil on a rag and wipe it off that way.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
if trying a little oil (baby oil has worked on other surfaces) i would keep paper towels around to try to soak it back out immediately

aander10

Addicted to Softballfans
goo gone brand works wonders and is citrus based like that too and available at a ton of retailers
I thought about it too, but it seems to have an oily feel to it. I'm afraid that it would get absorbed and darken the leather.
I'd prefer goo gone simply because I have some.

David the Gnome

The Veteran
I thought about it too, but it seems to have an oily feel to it. I'm afraid that it would get absorbed and darken the leather.
I'd prefer goo gone simply because I have some.
I definitely wouldn't use goo gone, it leaves behind an oily residue and that would very likely stain your leather.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd start with paper towel and see how much of it I can grab and pull off (don't rub it in or around, but try to "pinch" it off). Second, I might try a peel off mailing label and see if the sticky side will grab the goo. If that doesn't get it all off, yep, FastOrange and GooGone are options, but yeah, GooGone is oily-er. I haven't tried it, but I wonder if slightly dampening a paper towel with WD-40 and trying to lightly wipe it might work. But too much would run the risk of staining (and I cannot define "too much").

aander10

Addicted to Softballfans
I'd start with paper towel and see how much of it I can grab and pull off (don't rub it in or around, but try to "pinch" it off). Second, I might try a peel off mailing label and see if the sticky side will grab the goo. If that doesn't get it all off, yep, FastOrange and GooGone are options, but yeah, GooGone is oily-er. I haven't tried it, but I wonder if slightly dampening a paper towel with WD-40 and trying to lightly wipe it might work. But too much would run the risk of staining (and I cannot define "too much").
I guess my concern is what you are warning me of, kind of smearing it around while wiping it off, which in turn will create a bigger mess.
I'll give your suggestions a shot, then some soapy water.
Thanks.

Rous

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess my concern is what you are warning me of, kind of smearing it around while wiping it off, which in turn will create a bigger mess.
I'll give your suggestions a shot, then some soapy water.
Thanks.
If I remember my high school chemistry, substances can be dissolved by either polar solvents (e.g. water) or non-polar solvents (like acetone or gasoline). If the goo is not polar, then soap and water will just smear it. The Fast Orange and Goo Gone contain orange oil, which is non-polar.*

*Now I hope an actual scientist will fix all the errors in that sentence!