Chrisklol

301' Bombs
Bat- Resmondo Legit Usssa
Weight- 27oz
Hits- Approx 150
Tempp- 65
Balls- Mix of 44/375 and Evil 52/300
Wind- 10mph blowing in from left

I got this bat in a trade said to have between 100-200 hits. It looks good, no webbing, no rattles.
So I take my first round and immediately it's much better than the resmondo sick I had just recently. The sweet spot is a little small and it makes a really weird almost metallic sound when hitting it anywhere but the sweet spot. Even makes it slightly when hitting the sweet spot.
Anyways I put few out about 330ish and it hits ok, just the small sweet spot and really stiff barrel. It's behind my 5000 hit L1 but really, what isn't?
I put two round on it and my buddy put two rounds on it and it didn't get any better. It's a decent bat, and I like it. I just think it's not broken in, which is weird for what most people say. Hot out the wrapper. It hit the 52/300's pretty well, but it really liked the 44/375's more.

Anyways, My question is, does the metallic sound go away? Is it normal?

jakeski13

Eat Sleep Conquer Repeat
My asa jh legit just changed sounds recently from the ping to a good crack sound. Once it made that noise I looked at the barrel and noticed some spirals. Once it spirals I'd expect the same thing to happen to yours

bird25

34/30 Club #25
Great question. My Legits and Triad make that sound for now at about 500 swings on each.

i'm going to put my balanaced Legit through the winter BP sessions and see if the sound changes or it gets better. I would already rate it as an upper tier utrip stick but wanting to see if it opens up even more.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
Great question. My Legits and Triad make that sound for now at about 500 swings on each.

i'm going to put my balanaced Legit through the winter BP sessions and see if the sound changes or it gets better. I would already rate it as an upper tier utrip stick but wanting to see if it opens up even more.

My legit is pretty far behind my L1, but everything I have swings has been.

bird25

34/30 Club #25
My legit is pretty far behind my L1, but everything I have swings has been.

I have hit a ball as far with my Legit as with any other legal bat including the st100 that was about to crack and my CL22, just sweetspot was so small it didn't happen as often as I would like.:eek:

CAMARO80P

I hope the Jeff Hall Legit is Legit, just bought a 28.5 hearing good things about it. I hate pink bats though lol.Almost did not buy it but got a great deal on it.

Josh916

Addicted to Softballfans
Yea my ASA Jeff hall was pretty good and had that ping sound. Once the sound changed it was completely broken in and hot as any bat I have swung or seen. You will love every swing til she bursts once the sound changes it will spit straight fire

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
Yea my ASA Jeff hall was pretty good and had that ping sound. Once the sound changed it was completely broken in and hot as any bat I have swung or seen. You will love every swing til she bursts once the sound changes it will spit straight fire
What about the sweet spot? Does it get a little bigger? I mean my L1's sweet spot is literally the entire barrel.

Josh916

Addicted to Softballfans
I felt like the sweet spot was ok when takin out of wrapper with the Jeff hall, when the sound changed the sweet spit got bigger and I would say the last 300-400 swings of its life I couldn't miss the sweet spot. I mean i was hitting 330 foot check/swings with it. I actually went on a streak where I hit out 3 in a row and 4 out of 5 with it. The other swing was off the top off the fence. I hit a lot of balls off the fence and a good amount over. I will tell you I am not a power hitter but yes I can hit them. I hit for higher average then power. But with when the sound changed I just really felt like I couldn't miss hit the bat at all.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
I felt like the sweet spot was ok when takin out of wrapper with the Jeff hall, when the sound changed the sweet spit got bigger and I would say the last 300-400 swings of its life I couldn't miss the sweet spot. I mean i was hitting 330 foot check/swings with it. I actually went on a streak where I hit out 3 in a row and 4 out of 5 with it. The other swing was off the top off the fence. I hit a lot of balls off the fence and a good amount over. I will tell you I am not a power hitter but yes I can hit them. I hit for higher average then power. But with when the sound changed I just really felt like I couldn't miss hit the bat at all.

okay cool, ill keep swinging it then. Ill update this thread as the bat gets more hits on it.
Might be hard to put down the crazy retarded L1 though.

ragals17

Addicted to Softballfans
Picked up the yellow balanced utrip version, have limited swings but felt descent .....hits 40/325 zns well

Bayne

Addicted to Softballfans
What core balls are you hitting the asa JH legit with?

I should be getting mine on Friday. My friend (hoodlum11) has a U-trip ressy legit with about 1000 swings on it and it is absolutely retarded. The sweet spot is the entire barrel. After I swung his, I went and picked one up NIW and I am pleasantly surprised how well it hits out of the wrapper.

Josh916

Addicted to Softballfans
I am not sure thought I heard the duo 3 has slight differences could be wrong. But I will say the OG duo was my favorite bat until I swung my ASA Jeff hall legit

BraveSox

Addicted to Softballfans
Stick with it chrisklol, I got 2 28's and the 27 I used last year was better then almost everything. Sound change, sweet spot grows double and spiraling soon. If you hit it 330 sounding metallic...look out.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
Stick with it chrisklol, I got 2 28's and the 27 I used last year was better then almost everything. Sound change, sweet spot grows double and spiraling soon. If you hit it 330 sounding metallic...look out.

Yea I will get more cuts on her this week.. for sure. Ill update this post.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
UPDATE
Hit again today, I love love love my 5000+ hit easton L1, and you will always hear me say its the hottest thing since ever...

But today I was hitting like crap, put about a good solid 30 swings on my L1, hit some solid liners, switched my legit for the last two balls, hit both out..
This thing is pretty good, hit it about 30 - 40 more swings next round and the metallic sound is gone and it hits fire... I would say its every bit as good as my easton right now, just the sweet spot is much smaller.

cobraklr96

Swings the best- STADIUMS
So the sound did change? Any chance you could throw a video up Bro, I have one NIW with a j hall and duo 3 but I was thinking about getting the Izzy and using it instead

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
So the sound did change? Any chance you could throw a video up Bro, I have one NIW with a j hall and duo 3 but I was thinking about getting the Izzy and using it instead

Yea only hear the ping now when end cap shots, but it's getting nice.
I could do a video maybe, if i can figure out how to upload from my phone..
I am moving this weekend and stuff, so it won't be for a bit.

BraveSox

Addicted to Softballfans
Chris, I think the sweet spot is smaller..not much smaller...just closer to the endcap. I had an L1 but I didn't give it enough time. Can't wait til the 2 feet of snow melts away in.....may.....:eek:

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
Chris, I think the sweet spot is smaller..not much smaller...just closer to the endcap. I had an L1 but I didn't give it enough time. Can't wait til the 2 feet of snow melts away in.....may.....:eek:

I know the sweet spot is smaller, that's why the L1 will still be my gamer in the mean time.