Robo swinging 2017 Nighthawk

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
for a good quality in depth review of the 2017 Nighthawk check out this one by Chudder.
http://forums.softballfans.com/threads/2017-nighthawk-review.1435217/

Im just going to post a few pictures and vids. A easy summary of the 2017... IMO is that it is exactly like the 2016 but more end load, and a thinner handle.

2017 Nighthawk graphics
2017-nighthawk.jpg

2016 vs 2017 handle. The 2017 handle has a thinner diameter as well as a more dramatic angle at the taper.
2017-nighthawk-handle.jpg

2017 endcap is the same as 2016
2017-nighthawk-endcap.jpg

Vid of Robo swinging the 2016 and 2017 Nighthawks

THESHOE

Starting Player
I cannot wait.

2 of my 3 gripes about this bat have apparently been tweaked.

I personally wish they'd change the knob with the ridged bottom to something more like Easton and Miken, but I am guessing the developers and Mizzy staff like it. I personally tape it.

Hoping the new EL is significant and closer to a full oz.

Thinner handle and more Easton-like is never bad news for me :)

THESHOE

Starting Player
And from everything I hear, the performance has stayed exactly at what we've come to love of the Nighthawk.

So it should be a really good edition and progression of this model.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes you will be very happy with the changes. I was swinging Robos 28 so I cant speak for all weights, but the end-load was noticeably heavier.

It is hard to speak on performance since we were in cages, but we put a few hundred swings on the bat. I left feeling like it was the exact same barrel as the 2016. Feel on contact, sound, all the same.

scottydoesnt

Extra Hitter
Is there a firm release date yet ? I'm looking for a new u-trip bat and would love to give a NH a shot. Best place to buy, any reps here, pre-orders ?
I'll be wanting a 27oz balanced.

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
i dont know what the official release date is. last year I think it was February. There were a few floating around on FB before the release, but im not sure who would have them.

THESHOE

Starting Player
Feb 3rd (I was told) for Canada early pre-orders. Not sure if first batch sold out like last year or not.

No idea for USA, sorry.

rjlangley

Any word on the durability of the ASA bat this year? I'm hoping they've done their due diligence this year and tested the ever living crap out of it. Went off of recommendations from this forum last year and got one (before everyone was posting about the problems). Was a pretty sweet bat until then. Just waiting on my replacement!

Cliff

Addicted to Softballfans
Sounds good wonder how fast they drop from there.

My 2016 is still going strong, and most of the guys from the TM Sports conference team had great durability and compression out of the 2016 Nighthawks. I dont know of any reason to think the 2017s will be any different.