Rod breaks in combats

Dirtyshameball

Part Time Player
Have had a couple combats. Orange derby boy and a VTS. Both have had the rod break or something come loose inside the bat. Anyone ever take that out or are u just stuck with a bat u can't use anymore? Derby boy had medium webbing and vts has barley anything.

stork

Rocky Mountain Oyster aka DirtDog
Is it a disc possibly? That is more like it. If so, they are supposedly a bit hotter when that happens, but umps tend to frown on all the racket. Unless you can find a deaf ump, but hard to get deaf AND blind. Or vice versa.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Is it a disc possibly? That is more like it. If so, they are supposedly a bit hotter when that happens, but umps tend to frown on all the racket. Unless you can find a deaf ump, but hard to get deaf AND blind. Or vice versa.

This is the answer.

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Have had a couple combats. Orange derby boy and a VTS. Both have had the rod break or something come loose inside the bat. Anyone ever take that out or are u just stuck with a bat u can't use anymore? Derby boy had medium webbing and vts has barley anything.

Rod?
That is sooo 2005

Joecurrier

**AVARICE**
yeah the orange derby is a disc to bad you cant use it no more send it to me My umpires here are blind and deaf

curse21

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a dual stamp dirty 275 that after 10 hard swings with classic M's sounds like it is broke and like a Z1000 but there is nothing wrong with the outside of the bat. Not even webbing or anything. Could this be the disk breaking off that you guys are talking about???

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I have a dual stamp dirty 275 that after 10 hard swings with classic M's sounds like it is broke and like a Z1000 but there is nothing wrong with the outside of the bat. Not even webbing or anything. Could this be the disk breaking off that you guys are talking about???

it's possible I guess. Haven't heard of those having durability problems like that. can you get a vid on youtube and post a link?

louconn

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
one time i thought i broke the rod in my bat, but it was actually my bat breaking the sound barrier because i have violent rotational power from watching those VRP videos by ken. the end.

teamshutemdown

Part Time Player
with my 2015 USSSA Bhose the disc broke, I sent it back and they sent me a 2015 Wanted G3 (Blue/orange) I liked the bat so I bought another one (caught it at an end of year sale for 99.00) Down here (Texas) if it rattles, they won't pass it