RT 2.0 review

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I have a 34/25 FP but have not hit it yet, gonna try next weekend......

Barley visable on the right side, sorry only pic ihave right now will get more. I you are local (SO Cal, Whittier) hit me up, you can demo it w me!

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Grew up in York Pa , I left 37 years ago, hurry, its not to late, LOL. Will try to BP again Sunday.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Speaking of So Cal, I would love to get together and Demo some of the new Anderson bats, I even have older models that we can hit and compare. Anyone interested in coming out?

batrater

Addicted to Softballfans
Hey smarkley, do you know what type alloy is used in the flex, someone mentioned it was steel.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Not steel but an aluminum alloy. They call it "AB9000 Aerospace Alloy". I don't believe that is a technical term just marketing speel , LOL

batrater

Addicted to Softballfans
Yes it must be cause they list the Supernova as having "AB9000 composite" material.

I play in an all metal league and considering buying the RT2, if it would compare to the steels or L8. I have an F6 but it doesn't quite compare to the steels.

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
Hey Batrater,
Have you swung any of the older Anderson Rocketechs (RT's) or Techzillas (TZ's)? Those older multiwall RT/TZ's will outperform the singlewall steel's, last longer, and can be had for less than 1/2 the price of either steels or the new RT 2.0. I recently came into a OG TZ & a 2007 RT & I hit them almost as far as my composites (Worth Jeff Halls). In addition, I have yet to come across any review (here or anywhere else) putting the new RT2.0 over the older RT/TZ's.

All those new anderson bats have pretty big shoes to fill and so far all I see is them blowing a bunch of smoke up peoples asses (in their advertising). Until their bats get out there, get swung, & some real reviews start coming in its a total crapshoot; and given the pricetag I am not sure its worth it.

Smarkley, you seem to be the only one on here who has any experience with these new bats. Come on man, get some folks to swing these & give us some reviews. And by reviews I'd like to see side by side comparisons between the RT 2.0 vs older RT, Flex vs Nano
JJ

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
J I am sorry, I have been trying to get some swings on the RT 2.0 and have been reluctant to hit one in a game before I hit it. Gonna be in the 80s this week, maybe I can hit it after work one day. I dont wanna compare a well broken in OG and my Anarchist RT to out of the wrapper bat. Sorry not much time for BP these days....

batrater

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks east bay I may have to try one. I did have a couple nanotech and omega, but liked the steel and L8 better. Never tried any Anderson doublewalls

east bay j

The Polish Hammer
You are in for a treat if you get your hands on one! I have seen multiple guys on here selling them for well under $100.
Techzilla is more balanced, inner sleeve, swings similar to the OG ASA Nano's.
Rocketech is more endloaded, outer sleeve, you can definitely feel the end load especially in the odd weight ones (27-29oz)

My only experience with these is with pre-2008 models. All of these used pins to secure the outer/inner walls. I think 2008 & beyond they stopped using the pins. From what I heard the later model years increased the sweetspot but lost a little in pop by doing so (I could be wrong). My OG 2004 TZ is the ****.

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I was wondering what the balance point on the RT2.0 happened to be. Just seeing how endloaded it actually is.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
I got to hit my RT 2.0 FP 34/25, felt a decent EL and the bat preformed very well, I was impresses. Big sweet spot, good exit speed and a little surprising extra power.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
A bro who has much more power has hit both the RT 2.0 FP and SP. He prefers the SP and says the bat is great, sweet spot all of the short 10" barrel, exit speed very good with plenty of distance. Oh and it does not break...
I need to get him to swing some of my older RTs to compare, would like to add a RktFlx to the mix but sold all of mine.

mr. zero

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone know if the 2.0 SP bats use the same shell with just progressively heavier end caps, or are there multiple shells, with the odd weights being slightly more endloaded?