Rule Changes for 2016

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I guess you can't knock them until you hit them, but I can't see the women's ball transitioning to a 52/300 to be a good thing. The 44's at least gave them a fighting chance to get the ball through without some asshat standing on the edge of the dirt to catch it.

SilverSlugger7

Outstanding Bad Dealer
I guess you can't knock them until you hit them, but I can't see the women's ball transitioning to a 52/300 to be a good thing. The 44's at least gave them a fighting chance to get the ball through without some asshat standing on the edge of the dirt to catch it.

Women's and coed leagues in my area use 52/300's and most of the women have had little to no issue adjusting.

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
I love, love, love this rule change...

Rule 8 Section 9B2: (All Adult Slow Pitch except Seniors) Any eligible player on the official line-up including available substitutes may be used as a courtesy runner. A courtesy runner may be used once per inning.
NOTE: Any Courtesy Runner used in Coed must be gender specific.
Comment: Allows for all Adult Slow Pitch Divisions of Play to use a Courtesy Runner once per inning.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
NSA used 11" .52s this year. They flew lousy compared to the .47 400 11" balls NSA used before. Like I said, noticeable drop off in distance on batted balls. As an OF in coed I wasn't getting burned at all anymore.

I've yet to see a 11" 52 ball, who's making them already?

ming01

DMVWinning
I love, love, love this rule change...

Rule 8 Section 9B2: (All Adult Slow Pitch except Seniors) Any eligible player on the official line-up including available substitutes may be used as a courtesy runner. A courtesy runner may be used once per inning.
NOTE: Any Courtesy Runner used in Coed must be gender specific.
Comment: Allows for all Adult Slow Pitch Divisions of Play to use a Courtesy Runner once per inning.

We've had this for two years now in ND, very nice to use for someone who may be partially hurt or slow

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
We've had this for two years now in ND, very nice to use for someone who may be partially hurt or slow

I fall under the slow and hurt category. I'm slow b/c my knees and foot are shot. I can only jog one base at a time, the only time I take two bases is if the ball is hit in the gap and goes to the fence.