Saints Sign Brees

SMAC

mmmmmm...beeeer
*(&^ I was going to place a C note on it today. Vegas had 10 to 1 against him signing.

Beez_33

M-A-(dolla sign)-E
he's not worth it...imo

Put yourself in the front office's shoes of the NO Saints and ask yourself that. If he doesn't come back, they're in shambles again. Worth it just to keep the franchise competitive and keep butts in the seats+ Saints love high after the scandal. If they go into Jags status they're done for.

juice64011

Addicted to Softballfans
he's not worth it...imo

From Fox Sports:
During the past six seasons, Brees has not only led the Saints to their only Super Bowl title, but has completed more passes (2,488) for more yards (28,394) and more touchdowns (201) than any other quarterback in the NFL. His 67.8 percent completion rate spanning the past six seasons also tops the league.

Stats are skewed because they obviously took an amount of time to make him look better but it shows how consistent he has been. It is still a lot of money.

Thank God. If the Saints didnt sign him, the fan base would have revolted. He has done a ton for the franchise and the city. They owed it to him. Happy for my NOLA and my Saints.

siding88

PROFESSIONAL BOOB WATCHER
$40 million guaranteed the first year. wow, a organization almost as dumb as the redskins

how do you figure, he won the superbowl, takes them to the playoffs, what have the redskins done, why would u not when it puts fans in the seats after the regular season is over, redskins dont make the playoffs,,,,,lets see 72000 seats at 300 bucks (on the low side) for playoff tickets 22 mill in tickets (on the VER LOW SIDE) A GAME whos dumb now

Jhall24

Addicted to Softballfans
People see 100 million and think its too much to pay one player. They don't realize that that 1 player will make then 300 million in the duration of his caterer. It's a business people. Oh yeah and he's arguably the best qb in the league. So yeah. Good call saints.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well bradford got 78 mil over 6 years without even throwing a pass in the nfl so yeah.....