Salomon Speedcross Review

cpyr

Extra Hitter
I had my receipt and they did request some information from it, I want to say just the transaction number and location but this was a few months ago.

bdown1

Addicted to Softballfans
@686smog The first pair were blue and green, the second pair were black and red. Both tore the same way.

scu duner

Addicted to Softballfans
I called them yesterday to start a claim. They told me to take them back to the store where i bought them and they should honor the 2 year warranty.Ill see what happens tonight.

Big D

In the Batter's Box
Any one had trouble with wearing a hole by your little toe all of my speed crosses have done this. Saloman has been great about their warranty but I know have completely usable pairs with holes by the little toes. Anyone figured out a way to reinforce this area?

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Any one had trouble with wearing a hole by your little toe all of my speed crosses have done this. Saloman has been great about their warranty but I know have completely usable pairs with holes by the little toes. Anyone figured out a way to reinforce this area?

Yup. Same thing happened to me. They don't rip all the way to the sole so I still wear them, but I'm gonna warranty them after the season.

Big D

In the Batter's Box
Yup. Same thing happened to me. They don't rip all the way to the sole so I still wear them, but I'm gonna warranty them after the season.

I've got about 2.5 years total out of my original and warranty pair. So for the comfort their well worth the price but If I can stop this wear these shoes would last a lot longer.

Last edited:

sleepin4matty

Management Material
I got a pair of these this year on recommendation from a good friend. I was not disappointed. Best shoes I've ever worn (boombahs, 3n2s, vigors, spike9s, etc), hands down.

I've got wide feet and went up a half size. They're comfortable, but my pinky toe is stressing the outsides of the shoe. Looks like there's a small tear starting. I'm going to send Salomon an email and see if they'll do anything about it. I've had them for 5 months and played well over 100 games/practices in them. I've busted the sides out of every pair of turfs (and running shoes) I've owned. So it's probably just my stupid wide feet.

Regardless, they have the best grip, lightest weight, and are the most comfortable shoes I've owned.

You're welcome. Hands down the best for infield for sure. Also, I wear the super gay Seahawks neon yellow Speedcross 3's

Last edited:

HarryL Southpaw

Addicted to Softballfans
Has anyone had any issues with the plastic tighter thing breaking on theirs? Does Solomon cover that in their warranty?

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I thought mine were going to outlast my other stuff but still tear apart quicker than I like. Not the case, they are holding up nicely.

yank

Addicted to Softballfans
2 weeks,4-or 5 uses and the sole near the toe is coming loose on the right shoe, Looks like from dragging my back foot when hitting.

the kid

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone out there wear a 13 in most shoes, but have Salomons in a 14? I need something a tad bigger than my 13s (fellraisers) but I don't know if a 14 would be too much.....

Bobby Buggs

SBF Site Sponsor
Been playing in these for the past few weeks. Not one foot issue after games. Best shoe I have used in 20 years.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
Anyone out there wear a 13 in most shoes, but have Salomons in a 14? I need something a tad bigger than my 13s (fellraisers) but I don't know if a 14 would be too much.....

Do they make a 13.5? I run into the same problem normally wearing wearing a 13 but some shoes are a 14 & the worst is being somewhere in the middle. The 13 Fellraiser's fit great for me but they couldn't be any smaller, maybe it helps my foot is on the narrow side, maybe I just lucked out. Hope they make a 13.5 for you.

the kid

Addicted to Softballfans
Do they make a 13.5? I run into the same problem normally wearing wearing a 13 but some shoes are a 14 & the worst is being somewhere in the middle. The 13 Fellraiser's fit great for me but they couldn't be any smaller, maybe it helps my foot is on the narrow side, maybe I just lucked out. Hope they make a 13.5 for you.

They don't make a 13.5. It's like most shoes, people say go up half a size but the companies don't do half sizes passed 12.5. I can try a 14 on in person, and it'd probably seem to big, but it's the field test that I'm curious about.

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
They don't make a 13.5. It's like most shoes, people say go up half a size but the companies don't do half sizes passed 12.5. I can try a 14 on in person, and it'd probably seem to big, but it's the field test that I'm curious about.

That sucks & bugs me that 13.5's aren't more available. For me, erring on the small side is the way to go. I can move on my feet a lot better if a shoe is snug as opposed to a little long in the toe box.

FULKnSEEDS

Addicted to Softballfans
I have the s-lab xt 6 and they are the best shoe I've ever worn. The grip has far exceeded my expectations as well. If they hold up they will be the only shoes I buy for ball here on out.

dubblrest1985

Starting Player
my feet are retarded and I would stiff feet the following day after a game. Bought these and they are phenomenal. Only gripe I have about them is I have slipped a handful of times trying to stop laterally while tracking down balls in the outfield.

SleeepR21

WU-TANG
I'm going to pick up a pair on clearance but need some input regarding sizing. Nevermind the width, that's not an is sure for me but do these fit true to size...? I wear an 11 or 11.5 depending on the brand.

Joker

if only there was a thread that's been here for months with over 400 replies all about these shoes