Salvo question

SukTNutz

Addicted to Softballfans
If I were to buy a Salvo would it be wise to buy a new one or the older model. Thank You I have been out of it for this year. 27 oz also

SYNERGY2

Manager
I have only swung the older model and if you can still find it, it is great. I have seen a few of them on websites for around $150 so I think that is a steal.

I would have bought 2 of them in the beginning if I knew it would perform as well as it has.

Dieselmike

Addicted to Softballfans
the price has came down on the sv98 also. its going to come down to feel. I personaly own both and i think the new salvo's have a more noticable endload and are a little hotter out of the wrapper. but by no means is the srv5 a bad bat.

dponder

Addicted to Softballfans
The SV98 is ready to go pretty much from swing one. It will get a little bit better, but doesn't take nearly as long as the SRV5. Both are solid but I prefer the SV98.

cmac1530

i have both... my srv5 has 500+ hits on it i am currently swinging it over my flex (mainly cause of colder weather) but its not too far off my SV98 has 100ish hits on it and i like it but not as much as the srv5 imo the sv98 just aint as hot

Kahnabus

Starting Player
I have a 27 SRV5, it has about 6-700 cuts and its on F***ing fire. I paid $200 for mine about a year and a half ago, couldn't be happier for the price. Doesn't perform as well as my old c-core but for post ABI standards its awesome. My only mistake was ordering a 27oz going on reviews saying it swings light, but I think imo that they were just not used to the slight endload, I should have went with the 26. Other than that, Short stops and pitchers fear me when I come to the plate with that bat.. If I were you I would look at the SRV6BH as it can be bought for a great price. I just bought one for 200 after taxes and 240 after over night shipping.. The Salvo is as good as it gets for any bat in its price range, simply put if you only got 150 bucks the original SRV5 is bar none the best. But if you got 200-250 to spend go after the Stealth XL or the Synergy Speed BH..

KO_2

Addicted to Softballfans
I have a 27 SRV5, it has about 6-700 cuts and its on F***ing fire. I paid $200 for mine about a year and a half ago, couldn't be happier for the price. Doesn't perform as well as my old c-core but for post ABI standards its awesome. My only mistake was ordering a 27oz going on reviews saying it swings light, but I think imo that they were just not used to the slight endload, I should have went with the 26. Other than that, Short stops and pitchers fear me when I come to the plate with that bat.. If I were you I would look at the SRV6BH as it can be bought for a great price. I just bought one for 200 after taxes and 240 after over night shipping.. The Salvo is as good as it gets for any bat in its price range, simply put if you only got 150 bucks the original SRV5 is bar none the best. But if you got 200-250 to spend go after the Stealth XL or the Synergy Speed BH..

All I got out of this, was that you need to learn where to buy your bats for better prices. and you didnt actually answer the guys question.

But as far as the original question goes if i were picking between the salvo's i would get the srv5 because i liked the feel better. But if you have a few more dollars and are hitting the .52 core balls then i would get either the sy98 or sy98h.

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
I prefer the SV98. First is because the durability is much better than the SRV5. The second reason I prefer the SV98 is because it is just as hot as the SRV5 but I feel it hits the 52/300 better. Finally, the third reason I prefer the SV98 is because even though it is still a 12" barrel, I feel the sweet spot is much bigger in the SV98 over the SRV5.

I know I need to update my review thread on the SV98.......It has taken me all summer to get around to swinging the SV98 over the Stealth and Synergys haha. I'm really glad I have because lately the SV98 has not seen the bat rack at all since I discovered it's hottness. Also, this fall season I am playing with the 52/300's twice a week whereas all summer it was 40/375's. The SV98 that I have all spiraled up (still good enough to get by an ump who isn't looking for it), is out hitting my webbed up ratteling SCX3 with all 3 balls I have been BPing. 40/375, 47/500, and 52/300 balls.

You really can't go wrong either way honestly, but if the 52/300 is in your future, you want the SV98 IMO.

SukTNutz

Addicted to Softballfans
We got kicked out of the league after winning this year. Our team couldnt play fall ball either.

Might play some games with Goldmark. I havent played yet though..

Thats Bunk right there. Want to play Shanghai Next year we need an outfielder Tager is out for next year. Left I think. LMK I will be back in May 1st week forever.

LuckyMatthews

#SelfProclaimedEastonGuru
PM Coach or Milcoman for a GTG board bro price. I always suggest getting NIW with receipt. It's a great value and brings higher trade bait out if you decide it's not for you.

bomboi

Addicted to Softballfans
if you take the time to bp it the srv5 gets hotter imo...but i agree with lucky saying the new salvo hits the 52 balls better.

Kahnabus

Starting Player
All I got out of this, was that you need to learn where to buy your bats for better prices. and you didnt actually answer the guys question.

I did answer his question, apparently I wasn't clear enough, The SRV5 is better than the SP12SV98 IMO. As far as the ball goes, I haven't noticed any difference in my ASA 52. vs my NSA 44. Both are good bats, you can't beat their prices. As far as where and how much I pay for my bat is based on two factors, seller reputation and bat condition, new only. I wont buy a used bat and I wont purchase from an untrusted site.

Bdevil

Addicted to Softballfans
I would go with the SRV5. Both are good bats, but IMO the srv5 is the hotter of the two once fully broken in.