Sam Bradford

HE15MAN

Go Gators!!!
Bust IMO. I dont think he would have been good if he played against real defenses in college. Hell, everyone in that conference tears it up at QB.

3XC

Big Truss
Too soon to tell. Looked ok last night.

He is on a sucky team. No line, no good targets to throw to. The word is good size, accurate, good instincts. Needs to work on some things, obviously.

4 times better than Teblow.

Utility Man

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm from St. Louis and am not a big fan of football. Definitely not a fan of the Rams. I watched him play last night against the Patriots' ones for a half. He actually looked pretty damn good. Stepped up in the pocket when needed, stayed in the pocket and took a hit after delivering a completion. Our O-Line actually gave him some time for once. We will see what happens when one of them goes down. We are not deep in that area at all.

I'm also use to watching Bulger ***** about every small hit he took. He also took a lot of big ones though.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Too soon to tell. Looked ok last night.

He is on a sucky team. No line, no good targets to throw to. The word is good size, accurate, good instincts. Needs to work on some things, obviously.

4 times better than Teblow.

I think tebow will be a decent qb but what do I know about football?

Yes he has his work cut out for him on that team but at least he has a stud of a rb to take some heat off him.

3XC

Big Truss
I think tebow will be a decent qb but what do I know about football?

Yes he has his work cut out for him on that team but at least he has a stud of a rb to take some heat off him.

Moreno is a stud? :confused:

Tebow has a slow release. His athleticism will last about til age 28 or 29. By then he will have to learn to be a pocket passer or he will wash out.

Sadly, we will be hearing the country slurp down his cornpone gee-shucks routine until he finally leaves pro athletics, which will probably be years down the road.

I don't understand why a guy being nice amounts to anything in sports. I don't want nice. I want Dan Marino throwing BBs.

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
Moreno is a stud? :confused:

Tebow has a slow release. His athleticism will last about til age 28 or 29. By then he will have to learn to be a pocket passer or he will wash out.

Sadly, we will be hearing the country slurp down his cornpone gee-shucks routine until he finally leaves pro athletics, which will probably be years down the road.

I don't understand why a guy being nice amounts to anything in sports. I don't want nice. I want Dan Marino throwing BBs.

Don't play this game with me. You know what team I was talking about. If not review your words on where I quoted you.

Bradford plays on a crappy team with an O-line and receiving core that are rebuilding. Who knows if he will survive game #1 w/o being killed.

LineRich

Addicted to Softballfans
Boom or bust?
Or somewhere in between?

Too early to tell. Bradford has the prototypical size, smarts, mobility and accuracy that you're looking for in an NFL QB. Will he be on the field or will he struggle with injuries? Does he have the intangibles that an Elway or Montana had? He plays on a crappy team and doesn't have many weapons at his disposal. Yeah, he looked good the other night, but N.E. typically plays a Vanilla style defense in the preseason. He will struggle this year, but then so does every rookie.

Honestly, It'll be 3 years before anybody can answer that question IMHO.

Balls J

Addicted to Softballfans
Too early to tell. Bradford has the prototypical size, smarts, mobility and accuracy that you're looking for in an NFL QB. Will he be on the field or will he struggle with injuries? Does he have the intangibles that an Elway or Montana had? He plays on a crappy team and doesn't have many weapons at his disposal. Yeah, he looked good the other night, but N.E. typically plays a Vanilla style defense in the preseason. He will struggle this year, but then so does every rookie.

Honestly, It'll be 3 years before anybody can answer that question IMHO.

you can replace "Bradford" with "Stafford" and this paragraph would have been something someone wrote a year ago...

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
you can replace "Bradford" with "Stafford" and this paragraph would have been something someone wrote a year ago...

I was thinking something similar.
I think he will do well if he stays healthy but any pro prospect is somewhat a crap shoot.

3XC

Big Truss
Bradford plays on a crappy team with an O-line and receiving core that are rebuilding. Who knows if he will survive game #1 w/o being killed.

Many great QBs went to crap teams because the crap teams get the #1 and #2 overall picks to get a franchise QB. Bledsoe (HOF numbers, won the 2001 AFC Championship game with a heroic performance), Manning of course, Aikman, Palmer, thats just the guys I remember. Lots of guys went early to a dreadful team and pulled it to respectability or better.

It starts somewhere. May as well be a QB that every NFL scout thinks highly of. I think Stafford throws 28 or more TDs this year. Detroit will have him and Calvin Johnson, even if they aren't winning, they are scoring.

Primo

fat and famous pablo
Boom or bust?
Or somewhere in between?

huge bust......

akili smith w/ a good line and weapons > peyton manning w/ no line and no weapons.

no clue when the **** nfl people are going to figure it out but w/ no time and no wr's, no qb can be successful. the games are won adn lost in the trenches.....tha'tll never change. St. Louis is one of the worst football teams i've seen to date......and it's sad becuse i think Bradford could have been legit

hbwb

~~~~~~~~~~~~
The game is won and lost on the line. This I can agree on. Jackson racked up 1400 yards behind those guys so they mush not be as sucky as you say.

Last edited:

3XC

Big Truss
Real season bump.

Overrated? He looks like the real thing. Shame Stafford got hurt. I don't understand why people hate on these guys trying to rebuild franchises. Bradford wasn't in Leavenworth (Vick) and doesn't rape people (Fraudlisberger).

I am a Bradford fan. I like the kid. Accurate, doesn't try to throw the ball through the defenders chest. I like Mark Clayton and wish him well. I was glad they pulled it out yesterday. St. Louis is a baseball city that seems to be indifferent to the Rams unless they are winning.

pg1027

Addicted to Softballfans
Overrated? He looks like the real thing. Shame Stafford got hurt. I don't understand why people hate on these guys trying to rebuild franchises. Bradford wasn't in Leavenworth (Vick) and doesn't rape people (Fraudlisberger).

I am a Bradford fan. I like the kid. Accurate, doesn't try to throw the ball through the defenders chest. I like Mark Clayton and wish him well. I was glad they pulled it out yesterday. St. Louis is a baseball city that seems to be indifferent to the Rams unless they are winning.

This guy is the real deal. Bradford is getting smashed every other play but still hitting receivers and making plays. O-line better step up or he will be on the sideline soon

3XC

Big Truss
This guy is the real deal. Bradford is getting smashed every other play but still hitting receivers and making plays. O-line better step up or he will be on the sideline soon

Post after post of just hatin from the preseason. People want him to fail. He isn't a JaMarcus, he isn't a Leaf. Kid is tough, and he looks like he loves football. On the sidelines barking at his guys, running on to the field after a special teams play to congratulate some undrafted nobody who just made a nice tackle, I love that ****. He looks like he will succeed, in St. Louis or elsewhere. He has some fire. I am used to watching the robotic Joe Flacco, who looks the same after throwing a pick or a TD.

I'm big on Sam. I hope he tears up the NFL.