Sandberg...

SD44

Now I swear...
Well he started his career with the Phillies Sis, maybe that's where he belongs. I would've like to have seen him with the Cubs, too.

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
+1 for Chicago letting another one get away. Singletary, Sandberg, Girardi... if there's any chance to bring Ron Rivera back to replace Lovie after this year, I hope they do it.

RColeman23

Addicted to Softballfans
if he was going to stay with a AAA team why not go back to Chicago? Q isnt going to cut it in the major leagues. Ryno would have got the job next year.

hitmachine44

Habitual Linestepper
They did him a favor by not hiring him. There is no way that team the Cubs have is going to win anything anytime soon. It wouldn't take long for the media and the fans to start ****ting on Sandberg as the Cubs will be mired near last place and going nowhere. I'd rather see him continue to develop elsewhere and not ruin his rep in Chicago.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
They did him a favor by not hiring him. There is no way that team the Cubs have is going to win anything anytime soon. It wouldn't take long for the media and the fans to start ****ting on Sandberg as the Cubs will be mired near last place and going nowhere. I'd rather see him continue to develop elsewhere and not ruin his rep in Chicago.

this.

You don't hire managers just because they were icons as players for your organization. Hiring Sandberg would be the typical Cubs thing to do and it's surprising they didn't. hitmachine's #5 post is exactly right.

The team is stuck with the bad contracts, they can't really get better until then, and setting up Sandberg to fail like that is silly. There's plenty of argument that Quade was the better candidate anyway.

I didn't see Sandberg's door being knocked down by all the other MLB teams that need managers.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
People wonder why the Cubs haven't won anything in over 100 years, it's stupid decisions like this.

hiring iconic players from 20 years ago to be your manager is actually something stupid teams do....this was actually a smart move. notice he took another triple A job. not too many teams wanted him as their big show manager.

now i'm not a quade fan and i don't think he'll bring any level of success to this turd of a team however :

A. i don't think anyone really has a shot at making this team good AND
B. He did well enough the last month and ahalf of the season that i think he deserves the opportunity to prove me wrong.

herts9

SEMI-RETIRED LEGEND
plus, how much longer is manuel going to manage in philly? sandberg managing that all-star cast = win

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
It's only been 34 seasons, I have 70 plus years to go before you can even begin to bring up championships that happened before your parents were even born.

who gives 2 fks about what happened before we were born....anyone who does is a baseball retard.

KannonsDad

**** you
who gives 2 fks about what happened before we were born....anyone who does is a baseball retard.

You are exactly right. In my 29 years of existance, the Mariners and Cubs have enjoyed the same number of WS titles, zero. That is part of the point I'm trying to make. The past is the past, the game was way different 100 years ago, hell even 20 years ago.

BigWhiffa

Underwear Researcher
You are exactly right. In my 29 years of existance, the Mariners and Cubs have enjoyed the same number of WS titles, zero. That is part of the point I'm trying to make. The past is the past, the game was way different 100 years ago, hell even 20 years ago.

you are the one bringing up 100 years ago nitz.