SanDiegoSoftballTournaments.com

Piffd

Anyone know anything about this site?

Someone contacted me a couple weeks ago about playing in one and I showed up to a field with barely enough people for two teams. Seemed much more like a rec pick-up game than any kind of tournament I've ever seen.

I think it's run by the same guy (Tom?) who posts multiple times a day on Craigslist looking for players. When I first got to the area I responded to an ad about picking up on a team that played in 3-4 different leagues and when I arrived there weren't enough people to play a single game, but the dude sure was quick to ask me for $10 to play for the day.

Just trying to get some info here. Seems like a racket this guy has going, but wondering if anyone knows the real details.

GNOLAUM

*insert dope custom title here
I picked up a dude from CL too, He seemed alot nicer than this guy though

Caddy

Manager
STAY AWAY!! That guy Tom is annoying and runs bootleg leagues! Brought a team out one night to a random neighborHOOD field. Swing any bats you want, unlimited arc and you can pitch from 2b!?! Very dangerous 'glass' league. Never went back and Tom texted me for months after trying to bring guys out

PM21

Manager
Anyone know anything about this site?

Someone contacted me a couple weeks ago about playing in one and I showed up to a field with barely enough people for two teams. Seemed much more like a rec pick-up game than any kind of tournament I've ever seen.

I think it's run by the same guy (Tom?) who posts multiple times a day on Craigslist looking for players. When I first got to the area I responded to an ad about picking up on a team that played in 3-4 different leagues and when I arrived there weren't enough people to play a single game, but the dude sure was quick to ask me for $10 to play for the day.

Just trying to get some info here. Seems like a racket this guy has going, but wondering if anyone knows the real details.

I played in his Sunday league with some guys from work. The fields sucked. He will call you alot ( if you have any talent) to fill in for his leagues. He never has enough players.

thesteve

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow...he runs tournaments at Olive Grove Park in Clairemont...home of the "damn I missed it" HR (205' down LF line)...I think a friend of mine subbed in one of the unlimited arc games there and said it was fun, but anything going on at Olive Grove can't be taken too seriously.

Piffd

I picked up a dude from CL too, He seemed alot nicer than this guy though

Need anyone else? LOL

I'm always down to sub too with a couple hours notice, assuming I can get there in time.

STAY AWAY!! That guy Tom is annoying and runs bootleg leagues! Brought a team out one night to a random neighborHOOD field. Swing any bats you want, unlimited arc and you can pitch from 2b!?! Very dangerous 'glass' league. Never went back and Tom texted me for months after trying to bring guys out

Good looking out. That's exactly what I thought was going on. Thanks for the heads up.

I played in his Sunday league with some guys from work. The fields sucked. He will call you alot ( if you have any talent) to fill in for his leagues. He never has enough players.

Hell, I haven't even played with the guy and he's texted me a bunch of times.

Wow...he runs tournaments at Olive Grove Park in Clairemont...home of the "damn I missed it" HR (205' down LF line)...I think a friend of mine subbed in one of the unlimited arc games there and said it was fun, but anything going on at Olive Grove can't be taken too seriously.

When I went that first time for his "league" I thought I was at the wrong field because the fence was so short. I'm playing in an unlimited arc league now with 250' fences at Presidio which sucks, but it was the only team that had room at the time. Definitely not to be taken seriously, but at least it's a couple ABs and a chance to play weekly.

I seriously need to find a couple new leagues. If anyone needs players or fill-ins, or knows anyone that does, please hit me up.

aquadgio1200

Part Time Player
I signed up last week with this league (SDTournaments.com), playing Monday nights @ Golden Hill. The unlimited arc thew me off...but i adjusted. I thought it was going to be a forfeit but the other teams players showed up at the last minute.

djbigkid

Addicted to Softballfans
Tom can be a pain in the ass. Once youre on his contact list, he wont stop buggin you.