Say what you want that is random Combatants Part 33 1/3

chris21

Addicted to Softballfans
I've noticed a big increase in both exit speed and distance with my swing this year...I credit it to the time I've spent in the gym this offseason...can't wait for the first tourney of the year..

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Taking a break from running today and am just going to walk tomorrow. I don't know if it's normal, but my calves just scream at me when I get done. I ran 12, 14, and 10 minutes the last three days, and the only reason I stopped at that on all three days is that my calves were killing me. I thought it was because of the two steep hills I was walking up to get to the field where I run, but I drove yesterday morning and they still were killing me.

eddiecut

Addicted to Softballfans
try powering through it... sometimes you just have to get past that point and they are fine. it used to happen to me in the first mile or so of a run.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
he doesn't wear any, it's better that way. Ask the Zimbabweans :D
My wife is from Arkansas, not me. :D:p

try powering through it... sometimes you just have to get past that point and they are fine. it used to happen to me in the first mile or so of a run.
I've tried...that's why I got to 12, 14, and 10 minutes, lol. Today was a scheduled off-day for my running anyway. I may try running again tomorrow instead of all walking, but I thought I could try to give me calves a couple of days to recuperate...let the soreness go away completely.

It could be the shoes, but I thought bad shoes would affect the knees and back :confused:. I could be very wrong, lol. I used to run a lot in college, and never had my calves feel like they do now.

On a different note, I was talking to my son's preschool teacher yesterday and the topic came up that I had been running early that morning. She told me that she's training to run a 1/2 marathon, and I suddenly felt like a girly man, LOL. I told her that I do good to run 13 minutes, much less 13 miles!

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Went to the range and hit for the first time this season. I've been playing for less than a year, and I have a lot to work on, LOL. One of my buddies is a good golfer, and he went with me to try to "coach" me. I eventually had to tell him, "Information overload...let's work on what you've already told me." The biggest thing that kept frustrating me was my driver head hitting the freaking turf before striking the ball! I think I finally got that worked out for the most part. The things I kept reminding myself when teeing up was: feet even, posture, arm straight, don't take eye off ball. I didn't even realize that my tendency was to put my right foot closer to the ball than my left foot or that my back was curved instead of straight. I also wasn't aware that my right arm (I'm a southpaw) should remain as straight as possible...boy did that feel weird.

The hardest part for me is getting my softball swing out of my golf swing...namely not swing as hard as I'm used to swinging.

NDshotokan

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Yeah, I used to golf before I got serious about softball. I had an 8 handicap in '08. But now that I play softball a lot, I only golf recreationally. Which means, I drink on the golf course.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Yeah, I used to golf before I got serious about softball. I had an 8 handicap in '08. But now that I play softball a lot, I only golf recreationally. Which means, I drink on the golf course.

I enjoy it so far. People say it's an expensive hobby, but I've been able to pull together a decent set without breaking my bank account. One key for me is trying to find the proper ball. I've got some Gamer V2s coming in, and I'm curious to try them.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Moderation is key. That's the only thing that really got me to the weight I am

For sure. Since starting this new diet in January, I've noticed that it takes less to satisfy me or fill me up.

BTW, the Dukan Diet is great :). Any diet is tough when you're used to just eating whatever, but I like it.

magicman

now you see me...
my buddy's dad designed one of the golf courses around here after he sold the land which he bought for dirt cheap so we golf for free, and i just use the rental nike clubs they have because my old ass spaulding clubs suck...so all we really pay for is balls and beer....(golf balls)

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Just took apart my old Dell Inspiron 600M that has just been sitting in an old backpack for at least three years now. Mainly, I wanted to get the hard drive out of it before discarding it. Are there any parts inside of it that I should look for that would be useful enough to sell?? I bought it back in 2004, and it only had 512MB of memory and a 100GB hard drive. The 512MB came in two 256mbMB chips, and I can't imagine them being worth the plastic they're made with.

Or just trash the whole thing (besides the hard drive)?

OG_\FlyingPigs

Purrrrrr
Just took apart my old Dell Inspiron 600M that has just been sitting in an old backpack for at least three years now. Mainly, I wanted to get the hard drive out of it before discarding it. Are there any parts inside of it that I should look for that would be useful enough to sell?? I bought it back in 2004, and it only had 512MB of memory and a 100GB hard drive. The 512MB came in two 256mbMB chips, and I can't imagine them being worth the plastic they're made with.

Search the bay and see whats its worth as parts.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
my buddy's dad designed one of the golf courses around here after he sold the land which he bought for dirt cheap so we golf for free, and i just use the rental nike clubs they have because my old ass spaulding clubs suck...so all we really pay for is balls and beer....(golf balls)

Seems like the big costs would be greens fees and balls. My set of clubs didn't really cost that much altogether, and I got an Ogio bag for 75. I'm just sticking with the cheaper balls right now, lol. I have 2 dozen Top Flite Gamer V2s arriving today...paid $19.98 shipped for them.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year

trash. not worth it, imo.

Hebrew Hacker

Derby Jew

It might have had some use as a Virtual Desktop in an organization that uses VDI, but that's pretty much it. I'd throw the parts up on ebay for the hell of it; sometimes you'll find someone with an older system that he can't find parts for. Sounds like you got it towards the tail end of Dell's "good" years.

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
trash. not worth it, imo.

It might have had some use as a Virtual Desktop in an organization that uses VDI, but that's pretty much it. I'd throw the parts up on ebay for the hell of it; sometimes you'll find someone with an older system that he can't find parts for. Sounds like you got it towards the tail end of Dell's "good" years.

Thanks, I figured as much. I emailed my computer repair guy to see if he had any interest in the stuff...two 256MB chips, DVD/CD drive, monitor screen, keyboard (just the keyboard). He buys and refurbishes laptops, so maybe he'll have a little interest. If not, I may throw the lot up on Ebay and just trash it if there are no takers after one go-around. Heck, I may not waste my time and just dump it all, LOL. The stuff is so dated, it's really funny.

I did look up the 256MB chips on Ebay...LOL...there are a bunch and I didn't see the first bid on any of them. Even found a couple of intact 600Ms for sale as "doesn't work/parts only", so the chances of me selling the parts I have are slim and none...and none just walked out the front door.

bat monger

Combat Advisory staff
14ed9790.jpg

chris21

Addicted to Softballfans
pushing 80 degrees (for WI in March, wow)...going to fill the afternoon with bp...first tourney of the year is a one-dayer next Saturday..

Flyman

GEAUX TIGERS!!
Laptop officially died last night. Using my wife's freakishly old Mac iBook G4 right now. Thankfully, I have a new one coming in the next couple of days. Going to put the old one in the shop and have it completely cleaned (after hard drive gets copied) and the OS put back on it. It'll just be used for the internet, Word, Excel, and maybe Publisher.

The frustrating part is I had a ton of bookmarks on it, and no way in the world to remember them all and no clue if I'll be able to get them. Sucks.