SB Pants

Delz

Addicted to Softballfans
Need help. I want to get a pair of pants that I can wear in tournys and casual coed softball. I have been getting by every year buying a pair of sweatpants, but by the end of the season, they look like Frankenstein pants from all the holes my wife has sown up. I do not want belt loops or crazy colors because I don't want to look like a Co-Ed all-star when I play on friends' teams.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, I hit the search button. Lots of threads, but one on what I am looking for.

Uglee 69

Star Player
skins_coaches.jpg

I'd go with something like this.... JK Honestly there are soooooo many options you can get a pair just about anywhere.

WISEGUY18

Not Very Wise
You might as well buy a decent pair because the cheap pants from wally world will do the same as the sweatpants. Go to Richards Sporting Goods and you will find them in the baseball section. Pick up a pair of white or grey pants with thin black piping. They come with belt loops but just buy a belt in the same color as the pants if you're worried about looking like "that guy". You can also check the auction site down by the bay.... they have a large selection too.

MP33

Addicted to Softballfans
What size do you wear? I have some Mizuno Pro Flares, grey, worn only to coach baseball in for 1 season, look brand new I could sell you

Delz

Addicted to Softballfans
Uglee_69 - too funny!

I am not worried about price.

Thanks for the general suggestions. For those that say, I can get them anywhere, including at SBF, show me a link. All I see is general softball pants with belts.

I was kind of hoping someone knew of a warm up pant or something that would hold up well.

Johnboy

Addicted to Softballfans
Need help. I want to get a pair of pants that I can wear in tournys and casual coed softball. I have been getting by every year buying a pair of sweatpants, but by the end of the season, they look like Frankenstein pants from all the holes my wife has sown up. I do not want belt loops or crazy colors because I don't want to look like a Co-Ed all-star when I play on friends' teams.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

BTW, I hit the search button. Lots of threads, but one on what I am looking for.

Sounds like you're looking for pants that don't look like baseball/softball pants, yet are made of baseball/softball pants material. I've been looking for this sort of thing for two years and have found nothing that entirely meets my criteria. The best way to describe what I want is a pair of basketball/gym pants made of baseball pant material. If you find anything of the kind, I'd appreciate info on it.

Uglee 69

Star Player
I was confused on what you were looking for. IDK if you can buy reg pants that are baseball pant material.... But alot of the softball pants are loose enough that they don't look like baseball pants.

WISEGUY18

Not Very Wise
@ OP... When you ask a question about pants on a softball forum, most members will figure your talking about actual ball pants. If you want a freakin pair of warm up pants, just go buy a pair. If they tear, then buy another.

sleepin4matty

Management Material
You could just buy baseball pants and have your wife remove the belt loops. If she's repairing sweatpants then I'm sure she's talented enough to remove the loops....

Joe Daddy

Smash and Grab

Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I think you mean Frankenstein's monster's pants. I think Frankenstein's pant were basic black slacks. I could be wrong thou.

Delz

Addicted to Softballfans
Thanks for all your help. I just bought a pair of RP9 and will deal with look like a tool when playing casual ball.

Uglee 69

Star Player
I think you'll be fine. I don't think someone that wears softball pants to play softball is a tool....

JGorms41

Addicted to Softballfans
Uglee_69 - too funny!

I am not worried about price.

Thanks for the general suggestions. For those that say, I can get them anywhere, including at SBF, show me a link. All I see is general softball pants with belts.

I was kind of hoping someone knew of a warm up pant or something that would hold up well.

im pretty sure every pair of pants will have belt loops. just get a plain pair from boombah and dont wear a belt.

tnbowhunter

Addicted to Softballfans
i just get Nike and New Balance sweats from Marshall's or TJ Maxx for $20 and call it a day. if they get messed up than they get messed up. its only $20.

rejones28

Phat Daddy!
all my pants look like pajamas cause of how they are striped. Can't tell you how many times I've been asked, Why you wearing pajamas?
blue_black.jpg

wor_pant_redblk.jpg

-Six-

Weiner
the nice thing is with you wearing ball pants now. Is that your teammates will be able to ball-gaze to their hearts desire.

crdawg2521

PowerTek Performance Apparel & Lizard Skins Rep.
So belt loops will make you look like a coed all star?

I mean you are playing softball and almost every pair of baseball, softball, football pants have some sort of belt loop system. So, it's not like you will be wearing some full custom crazy color pair of softball pants just a basic grey, white or black pair that happen to have belt loops.

3n2 has these for $19.99

9940_grey_profile.jpg