For Sale SBF Custom 13" Rawlings - PRO1000-SBF

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
I was looking to order an all butterscotch custom before the price increase. So I called CS for more info. I was told that the butterscotch is drier than the gold tan or Japan tan and would require a couple extra weeks of break-in.

I relayed the info to Chad and he said he would look into it at Rawlings HQ this weekend.

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
i'm not super worried about that, with all of the different stories you hear about various customer service departments, who knows. guess we'll find out though

Just Ron

Addicted to Softballfans
i'm not super worried about that, with all of the different stories you hear about various customer service departments, who knows. guess we'll find out though

But WHEN will we find out? It has been almost six months since many of us plucked down money. I'm two weeks away from the end of my season!

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
So I was told Friday when we were in STL that they were there ready to ship. No idea if they shipped Friday or not. If they did we should get them tomorrow...............

Swinging Bunt

Addicted to Softballfans
shirtless-trail-blazers-fan-dancing-dancing-sports-fan-gifs.gif

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Summma bishes lied to us!! Been waiting at the dock door all day for these only to get notification that they shipped today. Politicians are in charge or Rawlings now!!

A Cy 617

Dad, Fire fighter, bat flipper.
Got my pro1000 SBF today, and what a beaut! A couple quick things I noticed when I got my glove today..

The craftsmanship in this glove is second to none, it's a keeper for sure. Inserts are stiff, the padding feels top notch, and the leather itself is amazing.

The glove taped short of 13" and has a lot of palm. It definitely is more of an infielders glove than an outfielding model.

I dunked mine, and when she dries and I condition her, I'll post some pics.

I really love this glove, I hope everyone else who ordered one will too!

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Got my pro1000 SBF today, and what a beaut! A couple quick things I noticed when I got my glove today..

The craftsmanship in this glove is second to none, it's a keeper for sure. Inserts are stiff, the padding feels top notch, and the leather itself is amazing.

The glove taped short of 13" and has a lot of palm. It definitely is more of an infielders glove than an outfielding model.

I dunked mine, and when she dries and I condition her, I'll post some pics.

I really love this glove, I hope everyone else who ordered one will too!

Monstrous palm and yes it really is a beautiful thing to hold. Glad you like it bro. Keep us updated.

Wally Gator

Starting Player
I thought I'd post an update on this glove as I was disappointed when I first received it. It's massive palm and wide heel were unexpected based on my PRO-10003T. After finally getting around to breaking it in, I'm glad I kept it. The JT lining is turning out to be the biggest surprise. It is very comfortable. I thought I'd need a batting glove to accommodate it's big hand stall, but that is not the case. I wear it traditional and it's closing thumb to middle which is the norm for me. I came across a cool post from Bob C. circa 2008 where he stated the PRO1000 had only been made in a 12 inch model. The SBF 1000-13 is such a unique glove it follows the proverb, "You can't judge a book by it's cover."

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Good to hear so far I have not heard much bad other than maybe that it does not play a true 13"

Wally Gator

Starting Player
I was asked to post some pics of my barely broken-in SBF1000. I thought I'd compare it to other gloves ala Bunt for any benefit to the board.
SBF1000 Lefty NWT/SBF1000 Righty barely broken-in. You can see how the glove lengthens as it's worked in.
UUwZn4t.jpg

JD13/SBF1000
ja7qfTa.jpg

504/SBF1000
vrfQ2GZ.jpg

1000-3T/SBF1000
OYJl2U4.jpg

DatDuke

Why the extra lacing thru the heel pad? do you feel them inside? I notice my PRO1000H do not have them. and the SBF's heel pad looks extra thick, it could take some time to break it in.

Last edited:

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
Anyone take any pics with a tape measure on there? That thing looks the same size as the 504.