For Sale SBF Exclusive Wilson SP125 Round Two!!

Junior_SD

Manager
We need to quit playing around and stay with the pro issue theme.

1) Saddle tan with classic logos.

2) Black with classic logos.

The custom builder is fun to play with but these will have mass appeal which we need to make this work.

This ^^^ I'm in for either one or both if it happens.

Junior_SD

Manager
Based on this thread I'd say it looks like ST and black but we just need agree on logo colors and stitching. I agree with Ryno, Chad's ST would be perfect as is in his first post. Hopefully we decide early this week so Chad can start taking pre-orders on these.

ballglovegaller

I get the appeal of a pro issue color scheme but I think it's seriously worth considering some level of "customization" even if it's as simple as changing the label or stitching color. That way we could keep the classic look of the pro issues but still have something that instantly sets this glove apart as a SBF exclusive other than the model number.

From a marketing point of view it makes much more sense to have a mod like this as it will
1. Help SBF stand out and be recognizable/draw interest from a glance. I think someone also mentioned this in another post?
2. Reach a wider target market- those who want a very conservative/classic look and those who want something flashier or unique

Just my opinion of course, but my career field also revolves around user research (including marketing, trends, etc.) and product development so... ;)

softball ryno 8

Addicted to Softballfans
I get the appeal of a pro issue color scheme but I think it's seriously worth considering some level of "customization" even if it's as simple as changing the label or stitching color. That way we could keep the classic look of the pro issues but still have something that instantly sets this glove apart as a SBF exclusive other than the model number.

From a marketing point of view it makes much more sense to have a mod like this as it will
1. Help SBF stand out and be recognizable/draw interest from a glance. I think someone also mentioned this in another post?
2. Reach a wider target market- those who want a very conservative/classic look and those who want something flashier or unique

Just my opinion of course, but my career field also revolves around user research (including marketing, trends, etc.) and product development so... ;)

Ballglove, I posted something similar in the SP135 thread. We've got something special here in that this is the only place to get this glove and the majority just want to dress it up like millions of other gloves out there. It's unfortunate.

softball ryno 8

Addicted to Softballfans
The flip side, is that Chad needs 144 buys on this. And as we're finding out, there seems to be more people attached to a classic look than something with uniqueness. I was hoping to get something different on the SP135, as it's a much lower buy-in, and that's not even going to happen there.

Junior_SD

Manager
I some what agree with you guys but this is the same issue we had with the Rawlings gloves Chad offered us the last round. Too many guys wanted specific colors and not all of them appealed to the masses and a lot of us missed out because of it. I'm okay with a subtle two tone glove but can we get everyone else on board to agree and make it happen?

I'd rather have Chad narrow down our options to what the masses are wanting and then have a vote on what the final glove(s) should be. I don't want to miss out again on a great glove because we all can't come to an agreement as to what the glove should look like. This is just my opinion and take on this.

ballglovegaller

The flip side, is that Chad needs 144 buys on this. And as we're finding out, there seems to be more people attached to a classic look than something with uniqueness. I was hoping to get something different on the SP135, as it's a much lower buy-in, and that's not even going to happen there.

That's why I'm suggesting a subtle change from the pro issues. For example, we could keep everything the same as a typical pro issue- all saddle tan with classic logos- but maybe change the web/binding stitching to something that's not typically used on most the PIs such as dark brown or blonde. For something more "extreme" we could make a change to to label colors, such as changing the wilson yellow to a different shade like blonde or ST to match the leather. Changing the index a2000 stitching to black also seems like a suitable change.

The goal would be to push the envelopes of both markets (classic/flashy) to the edge of what both would tolerate. I don't think anyone would pass on an SP125 just because the index stitching is changed to black but that small change could be what convinces some of the IG community to buy an SP125. The tricky part of designing these exclusives is that only part of the potential market is involved in the discussion. While most people on here want something totally classic and conservative, we could get even more sales by making a small change.

softball ryno 8

Addicted to Softballfans
If we are getting 2 gloves, do we need 144 of each colorway? Or 144 in total? If 144 combined total, I'd love to see the offer be 1 Classic and 1 unique... something along the lines of the beautiful saddle/walnut or blonde/black combos that have been posted.

jethrodub

Coach

So what customization would you like to see?

Junior_SD

Manager
For those who want a ST (myself included) maybe we could keep the one Chad posted on his first post and then come up with a "unique" glove if that's what everyone wants. Looking forward to seeing what Chad decides to do. Sounds like a decision needs to happen very soon and I'd hate to see us complicate that decision by not being able to agree on the two gloves that are being offered.

ballglovegaller

So what customization would you like to see?
That's why I'm suggesting a subtle change from the pro issues. For example, we could keep everything the same as a typical pro issue- all saddle tan with classic logos- but maybe change the web/binding stitching to something that's not typically used on most the PIs such as dark brown or blonde. For something more "extreme" we could make a change to to label colors, such as changing the wilson yellow to a different shade like blonde or ST to match the leather. Changing the index a2000 stitching to black also seems like a suitable change.

The goal would be to push the envelopes of both markets (classic/flashy) to the edge of what both would tolerate. I don't think anyone would pass on an SP125 just because the index stitching is changed to black but that small change could be what convinces some of the IG community to buy an SP125. The tricky part of designing these exclusives is that only part of the potential market is involved in the discussion. While most people on here want something totally classic and conservative, we could get even more sales by making a small change.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
I am not sure a black will happen here this go around - unless I have 36 people ready to pre-order today. Then we can do ST, Black, and OT.

I am sending the sample OT to SB today to get his take. It seriously is ridiculously nice in person and I have dozens lined up to get another OT SP125. If you all are wanting unique I am afraid you are in the wrong spot. While I am the biggest fan of unique we have to appeal to the masses as discussed previously.

jethrodub

Coach
The ST and Black seemed to be the most popular on here by a long shot.

I'm sure the OT you are sending to SB is going to be awesome, no doubt, but I bet a classic Black or ST version would be equally as awesome.

You said to the board in your original post that "We need to make a decision" and I think that they have.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
The ST and Black seemed to be the most popular on here by a long shot.

I'm sure the OT you are sending to SB is going to be awesome, no doubt, but I bet a classic Black or ST version would be equally as awesome.

You said to the board in your original post that "We need to make a decision" and I think that they have.

"We" have done nothing more than talk. I will post this again in case it was missed in my last post.

I am not sure a black will happen here this go around - unless I have 36 people ready to pre-order today.

Money talks and bull**** walks - ante up. As stated previously as well this is not the only place throwing input in the decision making.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Don't know Podo wading through a lot of options right now and honestly not real focused on a black SP125. Only considering it to try and get my board bros what they want.

jethrodub

Coach
IF there was a black, and that is a big IF, I think the most popular would just be all black with black stitching and classic yellow patches and yellow A2000 embroidery. I know people have thrown other options out there, but there doesn't seem to be any agreement. Keeping it classic would be the easiest way to do that IMO.

seamonkey

Will the new SP125s have the narrower finger stalls that the first run had?

From the original spec..
"Tighter Finger Stalls - telling factory to add 1MM on each side so the finger stall will narrow by 2MM each."

jethrodub

Coach
I believe Chad said the specs of the glove would be identical to the original. Only difference it seems right now is the rolled vs split welting.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
Will the new SP125s have the narrower finger stalls that the first run had?

From the original spec..
"Tighter Finger Stalls - telling factory to add 1MM on each side so the finger stall will narrow by 2MM each."

And they did this. The production model had narrower finger stalls.

milocoman

Administrator
Staff member
I have inquired about doing a black, ST, and OT but I will need pre-order backing to pull all three off. Stay tuned and I will update when I hear back.