SBF Fantasy Baseball Season 5

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
I know its early but I wanted to get started :D

Season Type: Full

Draft Type: Live, Random order day of draft. Sat Mar 31 12:15pm CDT .
Teams: 12
Scoring Type: Rotisserie
Player Universe: All baseball
Max Moves: No maximum
Max Trades: No maximum
Trade Reject Time: 2 days
Trade End Date: MLB
Waiver Time: 2 days
Waiver Type: Continual rolling list
Can't Cut List Provider: Yahoo! Sports
Trade Review: League Votes
Post Draft Players: Follow Waiver Rules
Max Games Played: 162
Max Innings Pitched: 1500
Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow
Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG)

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Strikeouts (K), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)
ALL ABOVE IS WHAT WE PLAY EVERY SEASON NOTHING ABOVE HAS CHANGED.

Payments due by Saturday March 17th
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Keeper Rules: This year we will start our keeper league, You will be allowed to keep up to 4 players (for the 2013 draft) You will need to keep at least one of each a position player and pitcher IF you keep the max 4 players.

In order to keep a player you will lose the round pick that you got the player in the previous years draft and if you keep a player for a third (final) year he will go up an additional round. So for an example if you keep a 7th round pick the second year on your team you lose your 7th pick for him and if you keep him a third year you will lose a 6th round pick. A player cannot be on your team longer than 3 straight seasons, unless you redraft him after he is put back in the draft pool.

Any player drafted after the 15th round or that is picked up as a free agent will automatically start as a 15th round pick his first year as a keeper. If you keep two players that you drafted later then the 15th round or picked up as free agents they would be your 15th and 14th pick the next year and so on.

If you trade a keeper on his third year with your team he will be a FA the next year, Trading a player does not reset there keeper status (this would be like a MLB team getting a rent a player for a playoff push).

Keep in mind keeper value before you veto trades.

This year we will have a random draft order picked the day of the draft by yahoo, The second year and every year after you will get your draft pick number 2 weeks prior of the draft day, It will be picked by a trusted member from Softball fans. You will also have to turn in your keeper list 2 weeks before the draft at this point your keepers will be locked and the only way you can change a keeper is if the keeper has been injured. The keeper list and draft order will be posted 2 weeks before the draft in the league home for everyone to see, So managers can plan and prepare for the draft.

Prizes: Side prizes will be brought back
Entry: $50 x 12 players is $600 total in prize money.
Category prizes: Will be $10 each and will be paid out to the leaders at seasons end in HR, Avg, Era and Ks.

Single player prizes: Top ranked yahoo position player/Pitcher at the end of the season will also pay $10 each.

First no hitter, 15 k game, hit for the cycle and 3 HR game will each also pay $10 each that rewards a good mix of different players. (If any of these extra prizes are not completed the money will be split between the top 3 winners of the league (1st 50% 2nd 30% and 3rd 20% )

Top 3 teams will be paid, 1st $250, 2nd $150, 3rd $100.

Last year players will be asked first then filled by first members who post interest in this thread.
Thanks, T.Heck

Last edited:

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Names will be blue when comfirmed you are playing this year, When paid it will be marked next to your name.

PM for paypal addy.

Thanks guy.

Players
T.Heck PAID
sevenbizzos PAID
Jimmy PAID
errbin
Armed_in_AZ PAID
ssf PAID
Twinsdad PAID
Roid Rangers PAID
Booshea PAID
Bouvia24 PAID
Phyre PAID

Cheeks230

Last edited:

Phyre

Addicted to Softballfans
I'm down.

Dropping all my other leagues this year though..don't know how you guys keep up w/multiple's in baseball.

ssf

Too tired to care
I'm down.

Dropping all my other leagues this year though..don't know how you guys keep up w/multiple's in baseball.

I do 2 leagues - most I've ever done is 4 I think and that was way too much. I stress over each league too much to handle more than 2 and my work productivity drops to zero.

Phyre

Addicted to Softballfans
I do 2 leagues - most I've ever done is 4 I think and that was way too much. I stress over each league too much to handle more than 2 and my work productivity drops to zero.

This is my problem too. Haha

Cheeks230

Addicted to Softballfans
Id like to get in on this so put me down on the waiting list. Im a big fantasy player and always wanted to get in a keeper league.

Todd G

Truck Norris
Ive never done fantasy baseball. There are alot more games than football. Is it hard to keep up?

ssf

Too tired to care
Ive never done fantasy baseball. There are alot more games than football. Is it hard to keep up?

That depends - if you feel like donating $50 to my pocket, then no - it's not hard to keep up.....but if you want to have a hope in hell of winning, then yes, it takes some time.

Gosh, that keeper rule list is extensive, but it works for me (and my short attention span and low reading level). You guys make for a difficult league and I like it. You can count me in. I don't think I'm playing that weekend, so that draft time seems good to me too.

Thanks

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Gosh, that keeper rule list is extensive, but it works for me (and my short attention span and low reading level). You guys make for a difficult league and I like it. You can count me in. I don't think I'm playing that weekend, so that draft time seems good to me too.

Thanks

Thanks bro, It wont be bad.... Just turn me over a keeper list next year and I will take care of the rest!

ssf

Too tired to care
Thanks bro, It wont be bad.... Just turn me over a keeper list next year and I will take care of the rest!

Should we be worried that in the 2nd year you're going to be starting with a stacked team full of our submitted keepers, and the rest of us are playing scrubs?:eek:

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Should we be worried that in the 2nd year you're going to be starting with a stacked team full of our submitted keepers, and the rest of us are playing scrubs?:eek:

Ha, I might just be nice and give you Randy wells and Jack Wilson.

scobes7

I have Lack of Jack power

I like this.....You back in ours next year? Looks like I will lose my keeper Ryan Braun for a while...lmao

ssf

Too tired to care
I like this.....You back in ours next year? Looks like I will lose my keeper Ryan Braun for a while...lmao

Yep - I'm back in yours as well - those will make up my 2 leagues for the year.

Did anyone keep V-Mart? He's out for the year as well.

scobes7

I have Lack of Jack power
Yep - I'm back in yours as well - those will make up my 2 leagues for the year.

Did anyone keep V-Mart? He's out for the year as well.

Saw he is out for the year...no one kept him...my first round pick will be 49 year old Jamie Moyer:eek:

ssf

Too tired to care
Saw he is out for the year...no one kept him...my first round pick will be 49 year old Jamie Moyer:eek:

whoever kept Cabrera (I'm sure he got kept) is probably chewing nails as well - with no protection in that lineup, he'll get walked consistently.