SBF Season 9

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
I like roto, If you're on top it actually means something. If not you know what your chasing to get there. You don't bust your butt all season and get a fluke loss in the playoffs.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
I sent numbers out to a few active board members from the league, The three new guys can pick a number 1 thru 10, First to claim a number will get it. Draft order will be picked by where their chosen number comes up in the 10 slots picked first to last.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
4, 8, 1, 3, 9, 7, 10, 6, 2, 5
Keeper draft order is

Mo (8)
Stompkin (7)
Go24 (5)

So the draft order for 4 rounds will be
Round 1
Mo
Stompkin
Go

Round 2
Go
Stompkin
Mo

Round 3
Mo
Stompkin
Go

Round 4
Go
Stompkin
Mo
Use all 4 picks but you will not have to keep all four if you do not want, Its your pick so use as you like. Even if it's just to take a player off the board to be a jerk lol

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
March 27th is the keeper deadline so keepers will lock that night, If you guys want to start the draft ealy you can. You will be able to switch your keeper until that deadline passes (after the draft is complete), Just post it in this thread to confirm it.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
All players should be viewable now, I'm going to customize the draft order and picks after keeper are selected.

STOMPKIN

Stelio Kontos
I totally overlooked two obvious outfielders in this keeper draft... I will guarantee a loss in this thing!

j.bishop

Nothing to see here
Who did the new guys choose, pollock and Syndergard wouldve been all gone in the first round of choices I'd imagine

Morris 14

I got
Pollock-15th
Votto-6th
Cain-13th
Price-3rd
Took price cause one dude has kershaw, bumgarner, and felix.

STOMPKIN

Stelio Kontos
Morris took Matt Cain. He's gonna have a helluva bounce back year I think.

I took Syndergaard, Blackmon, Chris Davis and Cespedes.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Yeah he did, Just going to have to be that way this time. Hopefully we dont lose guys for along time but we can go over that rule next time.
Felix wouldnt be a first round pick in this draft I dont think anyways.
Something like Trout Goldschimdt would have really sucked though :/

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Something we will have to discuss we never even had a team trade for a first round pick and keep both their first round pick and the player they traded for.

Something new every year even after 8

j.bishop

Nothing to see here
He can't just lose one round and keep 2 guys, or keep 4 and only lose 3 rounds of picks. He should at the very least lose the round of Felix ADP and the 1st for Kershaw.

Phyre

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah I brought this up our first year doing keepers. Never made sense to me cuz it worked the opposite of keeping 4 15th round guys. If it's gonna go 1, 2, 3, 4 then it should go 15, 16, 17, 18 or not allowed (in the future). In this case it makes perfect sense to keep loading up on those guys..Kershaw is a good pick regardless then once you've lost your 1st ya might as well keep going with them.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
15,14,13,12 would make more sense then 15,16,17,18.... In the bottom half you want guys to lose better picks for each keeper. It would make the most sense in the future to start at a lower draft spot like 10 or skip by 5s maybe so it would be 15th 10th 5th rounds.

Thats why I brought up redraft next year if people are in favor of it.... We got a good group of guys and dont want the league getting to goofy and not fun.

Totally up to the league I would be fine with starting fresh next year and do a full redraft every year.

Last edited:

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
I guess I just got a different mind set, My goal is to keep value and keep my early picks with big guys dropping back in every year. More picks I get early in the pool the better.

But I havent won money in 6 years lol

Go24 went for the kill on pitching, nothing wrong with that at all.... Im curious to see how the first 10 rounds go.