SBF Season 9

ssf

Too tired to care
I guess I just got a different mind set, My goal is to keep value and keep my early picks with big guys dropping back in every year. More picks I get early in the pool the better.

But I havent won money in 6 years lol

Go24 went for the kill on pitching, nothing wrong with that at all.... Im curious to see how the first 10 rounds go.

Maximizing value is the way to go. Loading up on pitching may sound nice but it's also a risky strategy - personally, I tend to avoid going for SP in the first round or two and generally won't take a closer until at least round 7 or 8.

Kershaw may be an exception. Spending a high draft pick on Felix though is a big risk - he spent a pick higher than the ADP for a pitcher who is starting to look like the innings are piling up.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Then again if alot of guys keep pitching Ill be forced to use my early picks on SP I dont want so it could suck lol

Maybe use ADP next year if we keep keepers would be best.

Phyre

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree going forward is the correct way to do it, but it's gotta be consistent from early rounds to later rounds. It's not really an issue to me either way tho. Currently you get penalized for keeping 4 late players & rewarded for keeping 4 early players...In a sense. I'm down for whatever...not complaining, just voicing my opinion. I like the keepers, but am down for a redraft if that's what ppl want.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Maximizing value is the way to go. Loading up on pitching may sound nice but it's also a risky strategy - personally, I tend to avoid going for SP in the first round or two and generally won't take a closer until at least round 7 or 8.

Kershaw may be an exception. Spending a high draft pick on Felix though is a big risk - he spent a pick higher than the ADP for a pitcher who is starting to look like the innings are piling up.

Thats how you win every year? Ill be taking notes.....

If anything Kershaw and Machado would have been two first round picks .... expecially with shortstop eligibility.

Phyre

Addicted to Softballfans
Yeah, value is definitely the way to go. Give me Correa in the 12th, 13th, 14th or 15th any day over the first. lol. Thanks T.heck.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
I agree going forward is the correct way to do it, but it's gotta be consistent from early rounds to later rounds. It's not really an issue to me either way tho. Currently you get penalized for keeping 4 late players & rewarded for keeping 4 early players...In a sense. I'm down for whatever...not complaining, just voicing my opinion. I like the keepers, but am down for a redraft if that's what ppl want.

Youre good, glad you said something.... I was starting to think a one round drop on the late guys wasnt enough pressure to make a decision anyways you really want to sting a little lol.

And its possible through trade guys could end up with a few legit first rounds. Not likely but possible

STOMPKIN

Stelio Kontos
My .02, it seems the most simple way to make this work, is to simply not allow more than one of the same round keeper be kept the following year. As you stated earlier Heck, the only situations that could happen are 1) if a keeper elgible first rounder is traded, or 2) during a keeper redraft. Both seem unusual, and simply not allowing two first's to be kept is the easiest way to solve it. I think the late round keeper rules may sense as they are today (15, 14, 13, 12). Another keeper league I am in has rules that an undrafted kept player costs your last round pick, and then it works it's way back. Makes me sick that the lucky quickdraw free agent grab guy is rewarded with Correa for a 25th round pick.

j.bishop

Nothing to see here
I'm down for whatever, if that dude wants to spend all this early picks on pitchers then that's his decision. You can only start so many innings

Go24

Premature Swinger!!!!!
I can pretty much guarantee I will not win this league. I am not a big roto guy but thought what the heck. I am in Stompkins other keeper league and usually keep guys late in the draft like Sano and Seager in 23 and 24. :) So in this league I went the other way and stocked up on pitching and early round keepers. 2 things I really never do. Anxious to see how it plays out. If I had the 1st or 2nd pick it would have been Pollock or Syndergarrd, IJS. Taking Felix is a risk, not really a fan of his but I think he can be better than Price. Probably should have went Price. Damn it I love baseball!

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Me too man I cant wait.... If your guys stay health you should have a lock on pitching. Its easier to grind out position stats I think.

Is that Stompkins $200 league?

STOMPKIN

Stelio Kontos
Nah, it's Dumas' league (can't remember his board name right now). I think it's a $100 league, we've been in it for like 6 or 7 years, and I still have to refresh my memory on the keeper rules every year, lol. It's a 10 teamer, and very competitive. Too many transactions though (H2H is good for that), so I am hoping there are some new transactions rules implemented this year.

ssf

Too tired to care
I can't get into a 10 team league - far too many players left available. You can't win a league with your draft (although you can certainly lose it). How you manage your team post draft and the players you pick up along the way are what is going to set you apart.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Pretty much, Belt should be higher for his break out year.
Its nice knowing who you have in the later rounds.

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
Nah, it's Dumas' league (can't remember his board name right now). I think it's a $100 league, we've been in it for like 6 or 7 years, and I still have to refresh my memory on the keeper rules every year, lol. It's a 10 teamer, and very competitive. Too many transactions though (H2H is good for that), so I am hoping there are some new transactions rules implemented this year.

How is that $200 league looking?

Go24

Premature Swinger!!!!!
SSF It's a 10 team league but we start a lot of players. He has it set like 1b, 3b and then CI, 2nd ss and the MI. So the draft gets pretty deep. the keeper rule is a little different but I kind of like it. it makes paying attention to the minors and the news a big deal. But it does suck when you go to pick up Correa and a guy beats you by like 10 minutes. :(

T.Heck

Your favorite Cubs fan
SSF It's a 10 team league but we start a lot of players. He has it set like 1b, 3b and then CI, 2nd ss and the MI. So the draft gets pretty deep. the keeper rule is a little different but I kind of like it. it makes paying attention to the minors and the news a big deal. But it does suck when you go to pick up Correa and a guy beats you by like 10 minutes. :(

Yeah I like rewards for paying attention and following prospects. Why I dont mind putting a little more time in for the way we do it.

We have a good group here you will see when you work the wire lol There is no "Ill pick him up in the morning in this league"

j.bishop

Nothing to see here
When are where are keepers due? I set some preliminary picks on my team page and I can't figure out how to change them. Pretty sure I'm going Pence (10), Sano (15), Franco (14), McCullers (13)