Need Help Scn6b

Status
Not open for further replies.

BPfanatic

Addicted to Softballfans
I bought a 33/23 SCN6B for my 11 year old daughter. We had it for 3 weeks She used it for 3 practices and on the 3rd practice the end cap fell off, in BP. As I looked at it I noticed that the bat had been shaved. I tried to talk to talk to the guy I bought it from but he is saying that since I had the bat for 3 weeks that he will not refund my money of $80. I have been doing bat transactions for years now and this is the 1st time I had a problem like this. I was wondering what I should do? I know it has been 3 weeks but an 11 year old girl was swinging it. I want to post pictures and Blast his name but since I had the bat for 3 weeks is it to late. Even though I know I did not shave the bat. Help please.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
1. Are you sure it's shaved?

2. You and him are not going to admit to shaving it.

3. That's kinda the risk you run when buying used bats. No way am I sending my daughter to swing a bat I didnt know the background on.

BPfanatic

Addicted to Softballfans
I thought I could trust this site and the user on it. Like have for years especially with a girls youth softball bat. No I'm not 100% sure it's shaved, I have never seen a shaved bat in person but I'm 95% sure. I can post pictures no problem

Id like to see pics, but I wouldnt put sellers name out there because neither party can prove fault. It does seem odd to shave a little league bat.

thejuggster

Dying of WTP Disease
Post pics, because if its shaved, he should be obligated to give your money back, even if he did it or not.

But if you need another 6b, I got one (I will beat $80). I know full history of this bat, I am only its 2nd owner. But 1st owner she hits like a freight train so its got stress cracks around endcap and cxn, plus it wobbles. But should be stupid. I have a few 33's that could go on sale, check signature.

Hammy1326

Rays Republic!!!
I am the seller of the bat and I can post our conversation if needed. He claims in the pms that it's shaved and that I or someone I know just have done it. I told him that's not the case and I didn't shave it. He then admits in the next pm that he doesn't even know what a shaved bat looks like. He threatens to go to a mod to get this handled and I agreed that was fine because I know I'm not in the wrong. Instead he went ahead and filed a paypal claim which I am fighting right now. I told him it had been three weeks since he got the bat and I have no clue what he's done to it in that time. I can't post the pms right this minute BC im on the road but if a mod will take a look at them that would be great.

Joker

you can't prove the seller knew it was shaved
you can't prove the buyer didn't shave it in the 3 weeks he had it
its the risk you take when buying used bats

Hammy1326

Rays Republic!!!
The first message he sent me didn't even mention anything about it being shaved. Just says the end cap fell off and he wants his money back. I told him that's not how it works after three weeks of having a bat. The next message is when he says it was shaved and threatens to blast me all over the board about a shaved bat and to the mods. And to give his 80$ back, it's that simple.

saint

Voted '15 Mod of the Year
I thought I could trust this site and the user on it. Like have for years especially with a girls youth softball bat. No I'm not 100% sure it's shaved, I have never seen a shaved bat in person but I'm 95% sure. I can post pictures no problem

You are not making a deal with SBF, you are making a deal with a user. Which many times isnt even the only owner of said bat.

It's also YOU that will have to answer if your daughter is caught swinging a hot bat. She trust you to give her a bat that doesn't put her as risk.

Endcap coming out doesn't always mean it's been shaved. Making accusations can also ruin your name. Posting pics is a good start to verify if indeed it's shaved.

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
The first message he sent me didn't even mention anything about it being shaved. Just says the end cap fell off and he wants his money back. I told him that's not how it works after three weeks of having a bat. The next message is when he says it was shaved and threatens to blast me all over the board about a shaved bat and to the mods. And to give his 80$ back, it's that simple.

interesting. sounds like a butthurt buyer.

OP, delete this thread and withdraw your claim. and don't buy used bats ever again

Country35

Banned User
Post pics, because if its shaved, he should be obligated to give your money back, even if he did it or not.

But if you need another 6b, I got one (I will beat $80). I know full history of this bat, I am only its 2nd owner. But 1st owner she hits like a freight train so its got stress cracks around endcap and cxn, plus it wobbles. But should be stupid. I have a few 33's that could go on sale, check signature.

No, you're wrong shut up.

you can't prove the seller knew it was shaved
you can't prove the buyer didn't shave it in the 3 weeks he had it
its the risk you take when buying used bats
this

Buyer loses. Dont be a cheap ass and spend the money on your kid to get a NIW bat. Problem solved.
this

You are not making a deal with SBF, you are making a deal with a user. Which many times isnt even the only owner of said bat.

It's also YOU that will have to answer if your daughter is caught swinging a hot bat. She trust you to give her a bat that doesn't put her as risk.

Endcap coming out doesn't always mean it's been shaved. Making accusations can also ruin your name. Posting pics is a good start to verify if indeed it's shaved.

yes more of this

interesting. sounds like a butthurt buyer.

OP, delete this thread and withdraw your claim. and don't buy used bats ever again

OP is the lulz IMO

uprising

Extra Hitter
what ever happened you break it you buy it...if it's shaved post pics ...sucks for both parties involved but like said above risk you take when you buy used bats..it could have happened at you local used sporting goods store just the same...

sleddin247

Banned User
So if the OP did shave the bat he would have to take the endcap off, so there for why would he have a problem now if the endcap decides to pop off, he would just put it back on just like if he did shave it. if no one questioned the bat at the time it popped off, no crime ,no foul and he goes on his merry way of being a cheater without no one knowing.

Joker

So if the OP did shave the bat he would have to take the endcap off, so there for why would he have a problem now if the endcap decides to pop off, he would just put it back on just like if he did shave it. if no one questioned the bat at the time it popped off, no crime ,no foul and he goes on his merry way of being a cheater without no one knowing.

what the **** are you talking about little boy?

sleddin247

Banned User
what the **** are you talking about little boy?

Cant you read? its common sense, why would someone complain about a bat they bought and shaved? the bat didn't break or crack all that happened was the endcap came off. why would the guy complain wouldn't he just put the endcap back on if he was the one that shaved the bat.

uprising

Extra Hitter
Cant you read? its common sense, why would someone complain about a bat they bought and shaved? the bat didn't break or crack all that happened was the endcap came off. why would the guy complain wouldn't he just put the endcap back on if he was the one that shaved the bat.
lol since the cap came off now it's considered a altered bat whether it was shaved or not...especially since its for a 11 year old...

Im just wondering what the compression is on an 11 year old shaved fast pitch softball bat is? Maybe ive been going about this all wrong.

sleddin247

Banned User
lol since the cap came off now it's considered a altered bat whether it was shaved or not...especially since its for a 11 year old...

I understand that, but why would the OP be complaining he has a shaved bat if hes the one that did it. you tell me does that make sense. If he did it, just pop the endcap back on and continue using it.

BPfanatic

Addicted to Softballfans
I agree with most of the comments on here that I am now out the $80 bucks because I have had it for 3 weeks. But at the same time I feel that I should be reimbursed because I did not shave it. I agree with sleddin247, if I did shave it why wouldn't I just pop the end cap back on my 11 year old daughters bat and have her go back at it? I will post pictures and maybe I'm wrong and it's not shaved but again my daughter used it 3 times and the end cap feel off. I think that is odd. It is the risk you take by buying used bats, but you should be able to make the deal right or fair by returning the bat that is not broke (if something has been altered on it) and the money then the seller can do what they want with it. I will post the pictures later this week and others can tell me what they think.

Joker

I agree with most of the comments on here that I am now out the $80 bucks because I have had it for 3 weeks. But at the same time I feel that I should be reimbursed because I did not shave it. I agree with sleddin247, if I did shave it why wouldn't I just pop the end cap back on my 11 year old daughters bat and have her go back at it? I will post pictures and maybe I'm wrong and it's not shaved but again my daughter used it 3 times and the end cap feel off. I think that is odd. It is the risk you take by buying used bats, but you should be able to make the deal right or fair by returning the bat that is not broke (if something has been altered on it) and the money then the seller can do what they want with it. I will post the pictures later this week and others can tell me what they think.

because maybe you tried to shave it, ****ed it up, and are now trying to blame the seller to get your money back

you are owed nothing. you are way off about returning a bat that you've had for 3 weeks that has been used. you swing it, it's yours

you have no proof he shaved it or knew it was shaved

BPfanatic

Addicted to Softballfans
because maybe you tried to shave it, ****ed it up, and are now trying to blame the seller to get your money back

you are owed nothing. you are way off about returning a bat that you've had for 3 weeks that has been used. you swing it, it's yours

you have no proof he shaved it or knew it was shaved

True, but it doesn't mean I'm not going to try and get something back. I know that I am not in the wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.