scott brown 98 vs green catty

scubbasteve

Addicted to Softballfans
for those that have swung both which do you prefer catty has 500 hits on it. input is much appreciated thanks

B~TOWN

Addicted to Softballfans
after the catty is broke it's a easy top ASA bat sb98 is just a average to decent post abi bat .

deedubs

Addicted to Softballfans
Are you kidding? There is no way you can even compare an og catty w/ a sb98. The catty is one of the best Asa bats ever and the sb98 is just a decent post-abi bat..

sbpopeye36

Manager
I own both of these and can honestly say that they are both good bats...The catty i have has a s*&T load of hits on it, and is extremely solid...nice hard crisp shots over and over again w/the occasional Bomb. In cold weather this thing is a grenade launcher. The brown is nice too, especially for the price. It breaks in fast, and has a very generous sweet spot. A lot of people don't like the sb98, but i love mine. Over all the catty is better imo, but they both have their perks. If you like stiff bats, then they are both good choices.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
for those that have swung both which do you prefer catty has 500 hits on it. input is much appreciated thanks

THIS IS THE KEY

The SB98 will be hotter out of the wrapper, and honestly, probably for the first 1,000 hits. The catty has one of the slowest break-ins (takes longer to breaking than NRG, Recoil, and other tanks of bats).

Once broken in, the Catty will surpass the SB98. But, the questions was SB98 vs Catty at 500 hits. I'd say SB98.

IcanHit

I would still bet on the Catty at 500 hits over the SB98. I dont think the SB98 is that good of a post ABI bat. Catty hits another level after the 1000 hits but are still a better stick at 500 hits than a SB98 IMO.