Scott Kirby - Thoughts

Ballisttic

Star Player
I got to put about 200 hits on mine today with stadiums felt great and had good distance. I have a 27oz and it fit my swing awesome.

Dallusglockin

BP All-Star
I just ordered an USSSA Kirby because if this thread. I have an ASA Torq with about 4-500 swings on it. I've been reading that I shouldn't give up on it, so I've been hitting it in BP almost exclusively (aside from my WELL broken in L1 for the e-peen shots.) I like the feel of the L1, so hopefully the Kirby will feel similar. The EL in the 27oz Torq doesn't feel as pronounced as I thought it would be. Perhaps I should have gotten a 28+.

Needless to say, I'm excited to get this bat out and hit it a ton and see what it can do! I need to get the tee set up and join the Tee BP youtube party.

WillW3

Starting Player
I just ordered an USSSA Kirby because if this thread. I have an ASA Torq with about 4-500 swings on it. I've been reading that I shouldn't give up on it, so I've been hitting it in BP almost exclusively (aside from my WELL broken in L1 for the e-peen shots.) I like the feel of the L1, so hopefully the Kirby will feel similar. The EL in the 27oz Torq doesn't feel as pronounced as I thought it would be. Perhaps I should have gotten a 28+.

Needless to say, I'm excited to get this bat out and hit it a ton and see what it can do! I need to get the tee set up and join the Tee BP youtube party.

Who needs a BP partner anymore? They're overrated.

Ballisttic

Star Player
Easton bats take forever to break in off a tee. I guess its the inconsistency when its made that determines if its a tank or if it breaks in fast.

Example: my usssa torq was g2g with 300 swings on it and the paint chipped off the barrel. It does have 100 toddE or todd498 swings on it.

ToddE has one with like 1000+ tee swings, 100+ live pitching swings an webbed all to hell but no paint chips and does not hit as good as mine.

Kirbys are the same way. I was really impressed with how good my kirby hit right out of the wrapper.

It felt like it opened up quite a bit after 100 swings. I was hitting stadiums in high 60s weather.

Ballisttic

Star Player

I have an asa torq thats got 400-500 swings on it and it has not opened up at all. The kirby does have more endload feel than the torq in the same weight.

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
I think the Kirby was Easton's best stick of last year.
I would agree. The SIS Salvo was a very close second.
I have bp partners... problem is I work when they're off and vice versa. So out comes the tee.

Well I get live bp at night sometimes in cage. I'm not recording that.

Same here. My BP partner during the summer is a teacher so when school is in session I'm left with tee work. I would rather get my BP in during the day so I can spend time with the family at night. I travel for work though so there are occasions where I can hit with some guys when I travel and get some live BP in there while I'm in town.

Ballisttic

Star Player

Same here. My BP partner during the summer is a teacher so when school is in session I'm left with tee work. I would rather get my BP in during the day so I can spend time with the family at night. I travel for work though so there are occasions where I can hit with some guys when I travel and get some live BP in there while I'm in town.

If you are ever in central florida hit me up ill bp with the bp hero:thumb:

Rega17

'MERICA

Didn't you use to live in Birmingham area down here? Thought I remembered seeing that when I first got on sbf.

Madbeers

Boss Awesomesauce
Did you swing the SIS Salvo at all? I have it plus 2 Kirbys, but haven't swing any of them yet.

Just curious to hear how you think they compare.

I haven't man. I'm over exclusives. So didn't even give it the time of day. Was it any good?

The BP Hero

Addicted to Softballfans
If you are ever in central florida hit me up ill bp with the bp hero:thumb:
If I wander that far just send me back home. After BP of course :D
Didn't you use to live in Birmingham area down here? Thought I remembered seeing that when I first got on sbf.

I took a temporary transfer to Birmingham a few years ago. Was there for a year and a half them came back home. I have been wanting to revisit the area for quite a while though. Lived right on Highway 280. Plenty of stuff to do! If I make it back down that way I'll definitely let you know.

Darracq

Did you swing the SIS Salvo at all? I have it plus 2 Kirbys, but haven't swing any of them yet.

Just curious to hear how you think they compare.

I would swing the sis salvo any day over the Kirby, I sold my Kirby at around 200 swings while it was still worth something, sis salvo was very good in 50 swings, Maybe its just a good one.