Screwball

Country469

what conference team does this luke guy pitch for? He talks like his name is either mooch or andy, but it aint

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
over the years based on my experience as a hitter, 90% of it is all mental. None of the above changes any fact that the ball travels 12 mph. No hitter should really care, it's knuckle, screw, torpedo, sinker when it's pitched under hand and you have a world of time to swing the **** out of it. At least that's me. when i struggle, it's all mental. think damn too much.
You're contradicting yourself out the ass here. It's all mental, but no hitter should care. You think the got that switches bats of he makes three outs in a row, won't step on the lines, and does a nomar style pre at bat routine won't let a little break get in his head? That's the whole damn point.

You get one batter going back to the dugout saying i had to swing that ump is terrible and that pitch has done most of the work for you from them on.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
No one you've ever faced was that effective tho. Never happened and never will.

Andy purcell is the best pitcher on the planet, ever, and he aint doing that
If the Batter is on his game he wins the match up every time, but if he makes a millimeters mistake he could be out, and that's why Purcell and every decent pitcher does what they do every pitch. Otherwise, we'd all just throw bp cookies.

Can i make what i do work? Not, but that doesn't mean that it never works. This isn't an either or scenario.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Some of these comments are trying to make pitching was more complicated than it is. Throw strikes, pitch to your defense, and field your position. None of these pitches are gonna break enough to make a hitter swing and miss. The only time I’ve had a confused batter was from throwing a knuckle into the wind and hoping it did something crazy. More often than not, it’s gonna fly somewhere outside of the strike zone.
Your pitching took a steep decline when they went to optic yellow balls and the batter no longer lost it in your pasty complexion.

Normy

If my knuckleball was consistent, that's probably all I'd throw 90% of the time. Like anything else, it takes practice to dial it in and hit the intended areas. Oh one last thing...Combat.

Normy

If your knuckleball was consistent, it either gets hit really hard and really far or its so good your name is Norman Purcell MWS champ and pitcher for the top team in the world.

but its not. and you swing combat.

www.cnn.com/2019/10/24/us/arkansas-deer-death-trnd/index.html

you see that tho? dumbass
Lol, I was literally just reading about it on FB. Not sure what the old boy was thinking. It had to of been showing signs of life as he walked up to it. May not of reloaded his muzzle loader.