Screwed By A Board Member

jeb6294

Addicted to Softballfans
I made a deal with SwinginDemon in August to buy a NIW Synergy+. I did the usual reference checks and went ahead sent my money via Paypal on August 26th.

A couple weeks later I PM'd him because I had not received my bat. He told me it was insured and, based on his references, I didn't think anything of it and didn't bother going to Paypal to try and get my money back...big mistake apparently.

I didn't hear from him for two months, despite several PM's and emails, and when I finally did get a PM back from him, he tells me there's a problem with his claim with the Post Office. By this time, I've already got another bat so I told him I just want my money back.

At this point he disappeared for another two months even though I was sending PM's and emails asking him what was going on. After posting one message on the board about what was going on he finally sent me a PM telling me that he's sorry and that he'd refund my money in the next week or two. Guess what...two months later and I still don't have my money.

Last time I posted about this I got plenty of responses about what a great guy he is and that he'd never make a bad deal, but 7 months is ridiculous. I even offered to help him find out what happened to the bat (check to see if it went to the wrong office in our building or something) and he never responded. So now I just want my money back. If there's somebody that can help me out with this I'd really appreciate it.

jrcaddilac

<font color="#CD0000">One3</font>
jeb6294 said:
I made a deal with SwinginDemon in August to buy a NIW Synergy+. I did the usual reference checks and went ahead sent my money via Paypal on August 26th.

A couple weeks later I PM'd him because I had not received my bat. He told me it was insured and, based on his references, I didn't think anything of it and didn't bother going to Paypal to try and get my money back...big mistake apparently.

I didn't hear from him for two months, despite several PM's and emails, and when I finally did get a PM back from him, he tells me there's a problem with his claim with the Post Office. By this time, I've already got another bat so I told him I just want my money back.

At this point he disappeared for another two months even though I was sending PM's and emails asking him what was going on. After posting one message on the board about what was going on he finally sent me a PM telling me that he's sorry and that he'd refund my money in the next week or two. Guess what...two months later and I still don't have my money.

Last time I posted about this I got plenty of responses about what a great guy he is and that he'd never make a bad deal, but 7 months is ridiculous. I even offered to help him find out what happened to the bat (check to see if it went to the wrong office in our building or something) and he never responded. So now I just want my money back. If there's somebody that can help me out with this I'd really appreciate it.

Sorry to hear you are having a problem. There must be more to this story though. I know SwinginDemon personally and this would higly suprise me if it has gone down the way you say it has. If this is true to your word, then I hope you are taken care of immediately. I hope there is something missing or wrong, 'cause Eli is a great, honest guy.

goodtimez

Addicted to Softballfans
Wow! I'm sorry to hear about your situation! I've done a couple deals with SwinginDemon and they went perfectly. It doesn't seem like he is on the board as much as he once was. I agree that better communication is needed. Seems like it's also taking a long time to get this resolved. Hope Eli comes through for you! Good luck!

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
Looks like he's been on and chatting in the Washington players thread. Maybe the Washington guys can keep an eye out and get this thing explained/fixed.

If you don't hear from him, go over to the Washington players thread and state your side of the story and hopefully he'll see it and respond.

jb3b11

Manager
Sorry to hear...had similar situation from a deal...

I called the local police department after filing a claim with the online fraud people. Got a detective in the local department to talk with me personally and faxed him all e-mails between, he called or went by the guy's house. And I got my money VERY soon thereafter.
Hope that things get cleared up quick without that resort, but it is there. Sounds like Swingindemon has good references and hopefully wants to keep them

jrcaddilac

mychaluva said:
Looks like he's been on and chatting in the Washington players thread. Maybe the Washington guys can keep an eye out and get this thing explained/fixed.

If you don't hear from him, go over to the Washington players thread and state your side of the story and hopefully he'll see it and respond.

Don't take it over there, yet. We will find out what we can, before it needs to be blown up on our thread.

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
jrcaddilac said:
Don't take it over there, yet. We will find out what we can, before it needs to be blown up on our thread.

wasn't suggesting to do that now... but he shouldn't have to wait very much longer for his money.

I figured you guys would get in touch with him and get the ball rolling.

jrcaddilac

mychaluva said:
wasn't suggesting to do that now... but he shouldn't have to wait very much longer for his money.

I figured you guys would get in touch with him and get the ball rolling.

I hear you. If he's getting screwed, then he should get his $ back immediately. But there is always two sides to a story, so we will have to wait to find out Eli's before passing judgment.

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
jrcaddilac said:
I hear you. If he's getting screwed, then he should get his $ back immediately. But there is always two sides to a story, so we will have to wait to find out Eli's before passing judgment.

100% true, that's why I figured you WA guys would be the most reliable way to get a bug in his ear so that he knows there's someone that has an issue with him.

Besides this post, I've never seen a bad word about him, so he has the benefit of the doubt from me, but I know I would've taken other action on it wayyyy sooner than 7 months. I'm sure it'll be resolved and be a non-issue real soon.

ToddVenom20

Banned User
Man jeb, you are a VERY patient dude.I really do hope there is more
to this story than what has been told...and if there isn't, I hope
it gets fixed asap.

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
any news bro? He's online now in the WA thread, so hopefully one of those guys will point him to this thread and things will get resolved if that's the case.

Last edited:

jeb6294

Addicted to Softballfans
Nothing yet...I don't think he's established himself on this board for this long just to swipe my $215 and run so I don't think there's any reason to start getting the police involved, but I also don't have enough money to have $215 floating around somewhere so I'd still like to get this resolved ASAP.

PST_ws137

Banned User
Man, you have way more patience than me. Can someone talk to this guy to refund this guy's money. 7 months is a long time. This should have been taken care of a looooooooooooooong time ago.

XarmyBaller

Addicted to Softballfans
Dam dude, 7 MONTHS:eek: Hell i usually assume 3 weeks is good (give the guy a few days to get off the couch and put it in the mail). Hell HE prolly forgot about you after all this time.

Thats Jedi patience, after 3 weeks i would have been talkin to paypal.

SwinginDemon

Louisville Loyalist
I just saw this thread a day ago and contacted Jeb...........Things aren't always what they seem. I am handling this and my reputation speaks for itself. I will not openly explain or defend myself I will handle it with him via PM.

jrcaddilac

Shooter217 said:
He is online right now.

Notice how sully1541 sent a PM discreetly? And I had already alerted him to this thread. But way to be on top of things.

mychal

BET+UNCF+BASA+BHM=STFU
SwinginDemon said:
I just saw this thread a day ago and contacted Jeb...........Things aren't always what they seem. I am handling this and my reputation speaks for itself. I will not openly explain or defend myself I will handle it with him via PM.

fair enough, that's all anybody asked to happen. Thumbs up to you for coming over to let everybody know things are being worked.

There's not much worse than having a thread where people are throwing your name around without you knowing, so I'm glad the guys got in touch with you so you don't have undeserved feedback showing up if that's the case.

sully1541

Mmmmm Beeer!!!
jrcaddilac said:
Notice how sully1541 sent a PM discreetly? And I had already alerted him to this thread. But way to be on top of things.

Thanks for the sarcasm.:rolleyes: Sorry, chief, I was just trying to help. Nowhere in this thread did you state that you talked to him. A 2 day long thread about this deal and no mention of swingindemon knowing about this. I'm sorry if one of your buddys got called out, but there's no need for you to be a smart guy with me.

On a side note, I used to nail a chick that called me "sully" for what reason I have no clue.......didn't care either...I was getting some tail.

plinko

Moonlighting as Amish Al
sully1541 said:
Thanks for the sarcasm.:rolleyes: Sorry, chief, I was just trying to help. Nowhere in this thread did you state that you talked to him. A 2 day long thread about this deal and no mention of swingindemon knowing about this. I'm sorry if one of your buddys got called out, but there's no need for you to be a smart guy with me.

i think you misunderstood jr's post....he wasnt being a smartass, he was saying YOU did a good thing by sending him a PM....as where another guy tried to handle it by openly posting it in the WA thread........a PM allows the guy to handle it without his name having to be ON SHOUT.....i think it was actually a compliment to you.....:)

sully1541

Mmmmm Beeer!!!
plinko said:
i think you misunderstood jr's post....he wasnt being a smartass, he was saying YOU did a good thing by sending him a PM....as where another guy tried to handle it by openly posting it in the WA thread........a PM allows the guy to handle it without his name having to be ON SHOUT.....i think it was actually a compliment to you.....:)

If it is a compliment, then I apolagize, but even as I read it again, I don't see it that way. Maybe I'm wrong.

jrcaddilac

sully1541 said:
If it is a compliment, then I apolagize, but even as I read it again, I don't see it that way. Maybe I'm wrong.

Sully, my man, what's this I hear? Your ain't happy wit' me?

No, seriously, I was trying to say that you had done it the right way in my opinion. A guy came over and posted in the WA thread instead of PMing like you had. I just thought it could have been done more discreetly in my opinion. I have no problem with what you did.