scx14 help

Softball.com:

Moore34

Remember. KCCO.
I picked up a "2nd batch" SCX14 this past weekend.. has some webbing on it.. no clue as to how much its been used.. can anyone post pictures of a good and broken in one? and any suggestions on what to look for such as endcap separation, barrel softening.. etc etc.. thanks for the help.

longball32

Underhand HR hitter
Whole barrel should get webbing on it. And as your breaking it in and the webbing starts the sound of the bat will change to a "crack" sound as you make contact. Pretty much just like its older brother (Og Extended)

If it just has a few lines of webbing and the ball isnt flying off it yet then its not ready and add another 500-800 swings to get it there... once fully broken in the Scx14 (second batch) Can and will hang with the OG extended.. Only thing ive noticed is the sweetspot seems to be a tad smaller on the scx14

Moore34

Remember. KCCO.
Is this the one you used in the tournament that we won this weekend? :rolleyes:

Yeah, that be the one.

Whole barrel should get webbing on it. And as your breaking it in and the webbing starts the sound of the bat will change to a "crack" sound as you make contact. Pretty much just like its older brother (Og Extended)

If it just has a few lines of webbing and the ball isnt flying off it yet then its not ready and add another 500-800 swings to get it there... once fully broken in the Scx14 (second batch) Can and will hang with the OG extended.. Only thing ive noticed is the sweetspot seems to be a tad smaller on the scx14

Thanks, i noticed its webbed all the way around just not heavily webbed.. but i did hit some xrocks over 325' with it in mid 80's today.. so hits hitting solid.