Searched but is the reebok barrage banned?

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
Someone told me today that usssa banned this bat but I couldn't find any info on this bat being banned. Anyone have any solid truth to this?

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
We were taking BP and I was about to take a niw one to BP with.
A friend said it was banned from what he was told at a tourney they went to that was sanctioned.
So I'm seeing if its true from you guys

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
Good to know fkn azz hoes don't know **** here

So we are 100% sure it's not banned?

Last edited:

Hiltz

Built for comfort

First line of the memo:

"There are currently no softball bats with the permanent new USSSA mark on the taper that have been withdrawn or determined to be non-compliant."

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans

Make your buddy read this thread-Step One
Publicly berate him-Step Two
Swing said stick..... it will get very good with some love-Step Three
laugh when an uninformed Ump or opposing team ask to have bat checked... Step 5

Last edited:

etnstudios

Addicted to Softballfans
Make your buddy read this thread-Step One
Publicly berate him-Step Two
Swing said stick..... it will get very good with some love-Step Three
laugh when an uninformed Ump or opposing team ask to have bat checked... Step 5

step 6: profit

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
Heres the Info....
They were at a sanctioned tourney here in texas last week and someone called the bat out when they hit.
They showed the umpire something and the ump told them it is an illegal bat and its an out.
Now I don't know all the correct info on this.

Now on this link it does say no bats have been banned with the new stamp but it is an older document 2012.
http://resources.usssa.com/usssa/usssa-general/Withdrawn&Non-CompliantSoftballBats.pd f
Withdrawn and/or Non-Compliant Softball Bat Models Updated May 4, 2012
The following softball bats were improperly marked by an authorized USSSA Bat Manufacturer with the new USSSA mark on the taper as well as the old USSSA mark on the barrel. As such, these bats will not be legal in USSSA sanctioned play when the new USSSA mark on the taper is required for play in USSSA.
Manufacturer Model Comments
There are currently no softball bats with the permanent new USSSA mark on the tape that have been withdrawn or determined to be non-compliant. The four bat models previously listed were listed because the proper pre-mark testing required under the USSSA agreement with the manufacturer had not occurred. The manufacturer and USSSA have worked together to correct this and the bats have been found to be in compliance with the new USSSA mark requirements. As such these bats, despite being manufactured for the 2011 season, are legal with the engraved permanent new USSSA mark on the taper in 2012 play, as well as years beginning in 2013 that require the new USSSA mark on the taper.

Maybe they saw this document that doesn't list reebok as a 2015 bat manufacture
http://resources.usssa.com/usssa/usssa-general/licspmfg.htm

Last edited:

ninerempire25

Addicted to Softballfans
I just picked one up they're not banned . I think your buddy liked it so much he wanted you to sell it to him for cheap

oilslick58

Addicted to Softballfans
Heres the Info....
They were at a sanctioned tourney here in texas last week and someone called the bat out when they hit.
They showed the umpire something and the ump told them it is an illegal bat and its an out.
Now I don't know all the correct info on this.

Now on this link it does say no bats have been banned with the new stamp but it is an older document 2012.
http://resources.usssa.com/usssa/usssa-general/Withdrawn&Non-CompliantSoftballBats.pd f
Withdrawn and/or Non-Compliant Softball Bat Models Updated May 4, 2012
The following softball bats were improperly marked by an authorized USSSA Bat Manufacturer with the new USSSA mark on the taper as well as the old USSSA mark on the barrel. As such, these bats will not be legal in USSSA sanctioned play when the new USSSA mark on the taper is required for play in USSSA.
Manufacturer Model Comments
There are currently no softball bats with the permanent new USSSA mark on the tape that have been withdrawn or determined to be non-compliant. The four bat models previously listed were listed because the proper pre-mark testing required under the USSSA agreement with the manufacturer had not occurred. The manufacturer and USSSA have worked together to correct this and the bats have been found to be in compliance with the new USSSA mark requirements. As such these bats, despite being manufactured for the 2011 season, are legal with the engraved permanent new USSSA mark on the taper in 2012 play, as well as years beginning in 2013 that require the new USSSA mark on the taper.

Maybe they saw this document that doesn't list reebok as a 2015 bat manufacture
http://resources.usssa.com/usssa/usssa-general/licspmfg.htm
You are overthinking this. They are legal. they Ump made a mistake....And somebody on that other team is Way too petty.

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
Ok, here's from the guys mouth that told everyone it was banned as they wouldn't let them swing it in a tourney.
He said they banned it because they didn't pay their 2015 usssa fee
Do manufactures gotta keep paying years n years of fees to keep existing bats to use?
I would think not. If they paid a fee in 2013 when the bat was made, what does 2015 have to do with it?

Rooster210

P-Pumpah #1
Ok, here's from the guys mouth that told everyone it was banned as they wouldn't let them swing it in a tourney.
He said they banned it because they didn't pay their 2015 usssa fee
Do manufactures gotta keep paying years n years of fees to keep existing bats to use?
I would think not. If they paid a fee in 2013 when the bat was made, what does 2015 have to do with it?

maybe its a Texas thing heard they didn't allow this bat in SA for a tourney at Time Warner Park for this same reason(Reebok and USSSA didn't come to an monetary agreement for them to produce bats), I thought the guy telling me was full o' crap

SoCalChappy619

Addicted to Softballfans
First line of the memo:

"There are currently no softball bats with the permanent new USSSA mark on the taper that have been withdrawn or determined to be non-compliant."

Except for the new Demarini utrip Aftermath is banned in conference already. But not all Utrip just Conference

BLACK DEATH

RED DEATH now
maybe its a Texas thing heard they didn't allow this bat in SA for a tourney at Time Warner Park for this same reason(Reebok and USSSA didn't come to an monetary agreement for them to produce bats), I thought the guy telling me was full o' crap

It must be a Texas thing then. I talked to a guy that always swings one. He said the same thing so he sold off his reebok bats.