Selling Section Rant

TheGriffin

Live free or die
how is this different than the current format :confused:

The reason it would be different is b/c once someone logs onto the selling section, all they would see are a number of sub-forums. They would have no choice but to place their ad into one of the sub-forums.

I see the argument that the general selling section probably gets the most traffic--especially from casual browsers. This would force someone to click in a sub-forum that is tailored to what they are looking for. Sure most people may still got to the "Other/Mixed Sales" sub-forum. But at least nothing would just be open.

The other alternative is to just have 2 sub-forums. 1) For solo bat sales/trades, and 2) for multiple sales/trades. Then make the standard number of threads on a new page like 40 or something, so more is on pg 1.

gooch43

Addicted to Softballfans
So if I'm selling a Worth Titan but I am going to buy a Combat with the money I get from the sale, then I should post my thread in the Combat section. Right?

Mikeisaddicted

lulz at 13" and up gloves
This thread shouldn't have to exist... People are dumb, if you are mad that your **** got deleted then have a pity party with the other bitches who can't read

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
This thread shouldn't have to exist... People are dumb, if you are mad that your **** got deleted then have a pity party with the other bitches who can't read

wow, what words of wisdom, another one who thinks that in order to keep up there sbf stardom they have to agree with every rule that is posted by a mod ...love the "good ol' boys" mentality here that officially died out in about 1989 :rolleyes:

Joker

wow, what words of wisdom, another one who thinks that in order to keep up there sbf stardom they have to agree with every rule that is posted by a mod ...love the "good ol' boys" mentality here that officially died out in about 1989 :rolleyes:

yea **** the rules :rolleyes:

Mikeisaddicted

lulz at 13" and up gloves

yep that is exactly what it is :rolleyes: you dont have to agree with the rules weather it be here or driving or whatever the case may be. but they are set and you have to follow them. if you dont like it you can just stop coming around. im sure no one will miss you.

tbrink

OG Thread Killer

It's not a matter of agreeing with "every rule", more about recognizing a rule that is in place to maintain some semblance of order, for the benefit of all. :rolleyes:

cdamron13

scerred of sbf
yea **** the rules :rolleyes:

joker as much as I feel you would just like to argue with me, I never said "**** the rules"...rules can absolutely be modified and changed to better address the changing of the times....can't see why you wld disagree with this

yep that is exactly what it is :rolleyes: you dont have to agree with the rules weather it be here or driving or whatever the case may be. but they are set and you have to follow them. if you dont like it you can just stop coming around. im sure no one will miss you.

you are correct, I have a right not to agree, but I am not the only one, rules can be modified to make things easier and to reflect that maybe changes were needed to begin with, and maybe no one wld miss be but that wld make me sad :(

It's not a matter of agreeing with "every rule", more about recognizing a rule that is in place to maintain some semblance of order, for the benefit of all. :rolleyes:

even those that agree with these rules don't always follow them, this is obvious, I can't site a specific example but you and I both know that this statement is correct...

JJR12

Addicted to Softballfans
Why are some rules of the selling forum enforced, like deleting threads because they aren't in the correct sub forum.

But other rules are ignored, like selling NIW bats that the store sells?? You see NIW bats that can be bought here at the store all the time, but those don't get deleted..

p17

SBFs 16th all time poster
Why are some rules of the selling forum enforced, like deleting threads because they aren't in the correct sub forum.

But other rules are ignored, like selling NIW bats that the store sells?? You see NIW bats that can be bought here at the store all the time, but those don't get deleted..

the mods are not omnipresent....they can only do so much, unless people report the posts

Last edited by a moderator:

JJR12

Addicted to Softballfans
Gotta question......How hard is it to put the correct bat your selling in the correct subforum. Also, do people read the stickies at the top of that selling area? This isn't nothing new boyz and girlz. Not that hard of a concept. All it does is cleans the selling section up to make it easier to find what you are looking for. So for all of you that don't read the sticky, stop blowing my PM box up, just because you can't read. If its a thread of yours I've deleted on accident, I'm sorry PM and I can reopen.

That's all

Just a note, but maybe instead of being a Sticky, that maybe it should be posted in the "Updated Rules " Announcement.

a lot of people don't look at the stickies... Stickies aren't rules, they are more or less used to keep post at the top, ie Razzle post, or "please help a fellow baller in need" post...