shaved catty ???

thevipofdbz

Damme 00mega
I got this a while back for 150 on this board. First time I swung it it sound like it was going to break but had great pop. Well 4 month later I pic it up and decide to swing it. ANd I notice it is a little hot. Hotter than my 30oz cat and my asa cat 2. It hit even with my utrip cat with a million swings on it.

It also sounds different than my other cats, more of a crack and less of a ping.

http://www.myspace.com/triplemack/photos/37061206 here are some pics of the cap. It is raised one one side and will not raise on the other. I can push it flush down and it will stay there until you hit it about 20 times.

IT was not like that when I got it, after about 20 swing the cap will pop up to that level and will not pop out any further.

My asa nexus and utrip nexus both had raised caps, but the where all the way around and would change when you hit them. I think it raise almost as much as this one. This cat will not raise in one spot.

Question are
How likley is it this bat has been shaved.
I know LS had end cap issues, does this sound like one?
DOes a fully broken in cat sound different than a cat with 1500 swings on it? this bat has 700 or so hits so I was told.

thanks for your help

jessie

Real solution #11
have you weighed it? normal to get some endcap separation after break-in but i've never encountered other endcap issues personally, have heard of them though. if the weight checks i wouldn't be too worried (should be +/-0.2oz or so)....gorilla glue and get to swinging.

KoolAid

End cap

Endcap separation is pretty normal for catty's. I had a few of them and they all did this and were completely stock. I had them since they were NIW.

B~TOWN

Addicted to Softballfans
the endcap thing is totally normal with catty's . weigh the bat if it's real close to sticker weight I would say your just fine .

Toph

Addicted to Softballfans
The endcap on my 27oz green catty looks very similar. Shouldn't be a problem, just gorilla glue it back in if it gets worse.

thevipofdbz

Damme 00mega
ok thanks. I just do not want to swing it if it is shaved. Like I said it sound different from all 5 of my other cats.

The Crimedog

Best ASA Baterator
Endcap separation is pretty normal for catty's. I had a few of them and they all did this and were completely stock. I had them since they were NIW.

Word is bond. :cool: Mine had a little endcap seperation, but I slammed that mofo back down. Good as new. :D

Jeagle

Addicted to Softballfans
Word is bond. :cool: Mine had a little endcap seperation, but I slammed that mofo back down. Good as new. :D

you use a rubber mallet or something for this?? my starting to get separation all the way around but dont wanna use a hammer and end cracking it.

thevipofdbz

Damme 00mega
I ask be cause I never swung a FULLY BROKEN in catalyst? I do not know if they changes sounds like some of the other bats I have swung. My cat 2 has 1500 hits and I do not think it is broken in yet. And I swing hard, a few 380ft shots with it.