shin guards for pitchers

Big D

In the Batter's Box
so I'm debating between the evoshields shin guards and some field hockey shin guards. It appears that the field hockey ones will are longer and will offer more protection..

Anyone try both?

frdvschvy

Addicted to Softballfans
so I'm debating between the evoshields shin guards and some field hockey shin guards. It appears that the field hockey ones will are longer and will offer more protection..

Anyone try both?

I have not tried field hockey shin guards but I have been very happy with my evo shields. They fit under my socks nicely and are more discreet than the bigger shin guards. I don't want to look like a hockey goalie out on the mound.

goro25

Sin Vergüenza
I got hit in the shin once. It was about a year ago and have a permanent bruise/mark. Didn't even see the ball. I heard him hit it and then I felt it. I carry some adidas shin guards, but only wear them occasionally. Always wear a mask, though.

hitman444

Addicted to Softballfans
If you're pitching and playing tournaments, the best shin guards I've used are catcher's style guards. If you can get to a Play it Again or something similar, buy a pair of Youth or Adult shin guards. Cut off the knee guard and the foot pad and they fit under your pants just fine. You will probably have to take them off in between innings or when you hit though. Don't take protection lightly when it comes to this! Blood clots and hairline fractures are no joke. It's much better to be protected than have nothing at all.

In all honesty, who cares what people say about anyone wearing a mask or shin guards. I have a job to go to Monday morning and that's what pays the bills. I want to have fun and be competitive, so a little protection is peace of mind. The best mask I've tried thus far is a Lacrosse helmet because it can be strapped up tight and protect you better.

Best of luck to everyone toeing the rubber this year!

Well said. I been thinkin about shin guards, and I think I'm gonna get the full catcher's shin guards and just cut off the knee and foot guard. Great idea. Thanks man.