Shorts in softball

b#7

CAPN MORGAN
It's too damn hot and humid in Okinawa to be wearing pants in the middle of the summer day. These days I get a runner when I get on base anyway. I do still periodically dive for balls on the infield but not as much as I used to.

ichiromoco

Addicted to Softballfans
If you think pants are helping you on a hard infield you are fooling yourself. I have scar tissue to prove it.

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
Older I get the less I slide. Shorts have become the norm for me. Plus shorts these days almost make it your knees so there I a little more protection than the coaches shorts of past.

jcmichaels42

Addicted to Softballfans
I wear pants for the sole reason that whenever I tell myself I'm not going to slide or dive anymore, I always end up sliding or diving. And a little bit of fabric between my knee and the ground is better than none.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
I prefer pants but it's just too damn muggy in STL summers. Then I say "Well I just won't slide" but I always do anyway. :/

lcky3

Addicted to Softballfans
I wear pants for the sole reason that whenever I tell myself I'm not going to slide or dive anymore, I always end up sliding or diving. And a little bit of fabric between my knee and the ground is better than none.

^^x2^^

If you're still tearing up your knees wearing pants with double-fabric padding in the knees, then you need to learn how to slide and stop digging up cable.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I used to wear short all the time. But now I need to wear so many braces and stuff, I just wear regular pants. lol

This, and the heat, is why I switched to mostly shorts. It has to be pretty damned cold for me to wear pants. I don't mind scabs as much as tacky sack.

vlcmstnaz

volcom stone az
Pants in the winter, shorts in the summer. If I need to slide I go headfirst and pick up minimal road rash.

zuke 37

Star Player
You get strawberries on your butt, not your knees. So long or short pants make no difference.

I once tried to play with neither and got arrested.

They let me go for lack of evidence.

-Six-

Weiner
image_zps5badb957.jpg

milesej05

The Rookie
I always wear pants, no matter the temp. Last year I figured it was too hot out during our double header so I wore shorts...

xh3I3Oyh.jpg

Night of, after showering and scrubbing the bajesus out of it.

QFzLed9h.jpg

a week later, ended up getting infected...if you couldn't tell by how swollen my entire leg is.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
That looks like how I slide. Not right, I know. Rubbing alcohol has always kept me from getting infected.

Cubsuns

Addicted to Softballfans
QFzLed9h.jpg

a week later, ended up getting infected...if you couldn't tell by how swollen my entire leg is.[/quote]

What are those!!!!

ryanclink

goes hard your way catch
mY LEG LOOKED IDENTICAL. THE SCAB THAT CAME LATER WAS HUGE AND GROSS. DOCTOR GAVE ME KEFLEX WHICH DIDN'T STOP THE INFECTION AND I ABOUT GOT BLOOD POISIONING. GOT REAL BAD. STAY ON TOP OF THIS. GET SOME PENICILLIN OR ZPACK.

milesej05

The Rookie
QFzLed9h.jpg

a week later, ended up getting infected...if you couldn't tell by how swollen my entire leg is.

What are those!!!![/QUOTE]

What are what? lol

mY LEG LOOKED IDENTICAL. THE SCAB THAT CAME LATER WAS HUGE AND GROSS. DOCTOR GAVE ME KEFLEX WHICH DIDN'T STOP THE INFECTION AND I ABOUT GOT BLOOD POISIONING. GOT REAL BAD. STAY ON TOP OF THIS. GET SOME PENICILLIN OR ZPACK.

I got that as well as an oral antibiotic and it still got infected. Probably didn't help that the next day after it happened I had to get on a plane and travel to Roscoe, TX. Pussing and oozing the entire time.

Dan411

Star Player
I had a friend who's daughter got a staph infection sliding on a crushed gravel infield. Nasty stuff for sure.