Shorts in softball

milesej05

The Rookie
I think he's referring to the clown shoes? How damn big are your feet?

clown shoes? lmao. Those are dress shoes...for work. My foot looks a lot bigger due to my sock being rolled down and also black (like the shoe). I guess it is kind of a weird angle as well.

I only wear size 12...not quite sure why they look so big. :)

csk415

Addicted to Softballfans
I always wear pants, no matter the temp. Last year I figured it was too hot out during our double header so I wore shorts...

QFzLed9h.jpg

a week later, ended up getting infected...if you couldn't tell by how swollen my entire leg is.

Subliminal picture for the ladies....

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had a friend who's daughter got a staph infection sliding on a crushed gravel infield. Nasty stuff for sure.

I went to work with one of those one time, wearing shorts of course, and walked up behind my girlfriend at the time and goosed her. She tried to stomp on my toes with those big square heeled penny loafer chicks wore 15 or so years ago, and raked that heel all the way down my shin through it. It bled pretty bad. :D

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I wear shorts, and I slide. My left shin is now covered in a very tough layer of skin, and I subconsciously keep my leg raised a little so that most of the friction is on my shoe. Yes my shin is a little higher and a slightly easier tag, but it doesn't matter very much very often.

kw35

Addicted to Softballfans
If I wear shorts, only cutoff jean shorts a couple inches too short

If I wear pants, only skinny leg Levis

Muscles220

Addicted to Softballfans
I always wear pants, no matter the temp. Last year I figured it was too hot out during our double header so I wore shorts...

xh3I3Oyh.jpg

Night of, after showering and scrubbing the bajesus out of it.

QFzLed9h.jpg

a week later, ended up getting infected...if you couldn't tell by how swollen my entire leg is.

I've had a handful of those. They don't turn out that bad anymore.

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
Two weeks ago in church league (yeah, I know) one of the guys said his buddy wanted to play so he told him to come out. I said, "He can show up but if we have 10 he's not playing." Dude shows up in jorts. He stuck around for the entire game and one of the guys gave him a pity AB when we were up 25-10 and he hit the ball all of 30'. Not that I've never done it, but not a good first impression. After the game he asks me when we play next week; I gave him the ol' "We'll call if we need a guy." Shows up uninvited, again in jorts. He didn't play this one. Hopefully he gets the hint.

kw35

Addicted to Softballfans
Two weeks ago in church league (yeah, I know) one of the guys said his buddy wanted to play so he told him to come out. I said, "He can show up but if we have 10 he's not playing." Dude shows up in jorts. He stuck around for the entire game and one of the guys gave him a pity AB when we were up 25-10 and he hit the ball all of 30'. Not that I've never done it, but not a good first impression. After the game he asks me when we play next week; I gave him the ol' "We'll call if we need a guy." Shows up uninvited, again in jorts. He didn't play this one. Hopefully he gets the hint.

Show up in jorts and you better be bat flippin' 400' tally wack bombs!

Drumbum37

Addicted to Softballfans
What about capris? Best of both worlds no? I'm sure one out of the million softball apparel companies could make some cool ones :cool2:

2TransAms

Droppin' 280 ft bombs
I wear JNCO shorts bc they're short enough to catch a breeze up your nuts and long enough to protect your knees on a takeout slide.

WillW3

Starting Player
I wear pants for the sole reason that whenever I tell myself I'm not going to slide or dive anymore, I always end up sliding or diving. And a little bit of fabric between my knee and the ground is better than none.

This is pretty much me. Hot is hot to me. Shorts don't make that much difference for me.

swingnmiss

#1 IN YOUR HEARTS
This is pretty much me. Hot is hot to me. Shorts don't make that much difference for me.

I have found that if you lay out the money for a good, quality pair of pants.........They are as cool and comfortable as shorts. If you're buying your **** at WalMart or Sports Authority, you get what you deserve.

Wolfynuts24

Jagoff
I wear pants to hide my hairy legs. I swear I got wookie DNA. Plus even wearing pants I still slide head first its helps when you have a luscious v of chest pubes.

MaverickAH

Pants no matter what temp

Pants - always

Always pants.

This^^^^

If I'm playing serious, which is 95% of the time, I wear pants. The senior league I play in doesn't even allow sliding & I still wear pants. If you see me in shorts I'm at practice or just bs'n.

With the materials available today you can be covered up & still stay cool. I wear Champro MVP pants. They're light, breathable, durable & well made. They serve their purpose. I very often also wear a long sleeve base layer on top as well. With the risk of skin cancer & the zika virus, I feel it's a prudent thing to do. Mosquitos & biting insects can be a mf'rs around here, especially after rain or around bodies of water. When you start sweating, insect repellent just doesn't cut it!

Bullets#57

Unless it's really cold, I wear shorts. It's men's slow pitch softball... If you need to slide, you shouldn't have went.

Chrisklol

301' Bombs
Shorts only. Sometimes when it's cold I wear long johns under my shorts... I am fashionable.

A wise man once told me. If you have to slide, you took one base too many.

lx_2nv

Coach
What's the most comfortable? Dirty looks like they are great, as does adiktiv. eshore are ok...seem cheap though.

joncon

Addicted to Softballfans
AZ = shorts unless it drops below 40 on the one, rare, winter night every few years.

And, I stopped sliding a decade ago. If I'm out running bases it's because the guy behind me didn't hit the ball well or because I got greedy and tried to take one too many bases.

wdwlodge

Addicted to Softballfans
I always wear pants even at most practices. The only time I'll wear shorts is at a practice when it's scorching hot.

ilyk2win

Addicted to Softballfans
I always wear pants, or shorts......but never both.....and never neither.

Those who say quality pants are no hotter than shorts clearly haven't worn shorts enough or don't play a physically demanding position. I have a tendency to overheat in the higher temps and humidity and don't nearly have as bad of a problem since I switched to shorts.