Similar Bat?

rpw019

Addicted to Softballfans
miken just released a bunch of their bats in an asa version. Black dc41 but they will cost a lot more than the easton as they are a new release. Have to wait a bit for the price drop

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
If this is true then why just Easton and not the others. But again my opinion is just that, an opinion.

What other bats do you know exceeded the limit after being broken in? The only one I know is the SCN3, because of the University study. Do you know of any others? Know as in fact, not conjecture?

Same thing happened in 2004 with the 100 mph bats. A certain retailer posted the 100 mph bats for each manufacturer so you could get the super hot bats while they lasted. Two years later when the 100 mph bats were banned, curiously a lot of those bats weren't banned. Hmmm.

I agree it's about money, but that doesn't necessarily mean new sales for Easton money. Actually, your opinion shows that if Easton thought you'd all just go out and buy new Eastons that that idea would be wrong. Most of you would feel slighted and look elsewhere. I assume it's about bigger picture things like liability and nationwide insurance costs or something like that.

rtrantham

The Veteran
I see your point, it's just very odd timing to do this when there sells are down. With the 52 it doesn't matter as much which bat you swing so why take them off market now. I'll make my piece with this topic and shutup

Last edited:

Jusrah99

Outstanding Bad Mudasuka!
I see your point, it's just very odd timing to do this when there sells are down. With the 52 it doesn't matter as much which bat you swing so why take them off market now. I'll make my piece with this topic and shutup

How do you figure sales are down? Because theyre blowing out bats? They do that every year...

I'm honestly asking... :biggthumpup:

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't assume their sales are down either. I know nothing about any company's national sales figures, and never have. If anything, they're blowing out fewer bats than normal this time of year. They normally have their top of the line bats discounted everywhere well into the spring. They could've also just produced fewer bats this year.

Ferrari1

Addicted to Softballfans
so what about the Reap2 and the OGAV then, i thought those exceeded the 100mph when fully broken in as well?

crocdriver

I wish this was clever
Anybody have a Freak black? 27oz.

I would really like to try a different bat, other than Eastons. The black balanced seemed almost to be the same as my extended when comparing my buddy's.