Single Post Web vs Hinge Post Web (ProRV23 web)

bajones2

Hey all, can anyone explain what the differences are between the single post vs hinge post web? I'm thinking of designing a custom glove for myself and am torn between these 2 webs, I think they look great and was just curious if they function differently. I play mostly SS but also some OF as well, so I was planning to get like a 12.25" size. Thanks in advance.

NYC

Swag on 100.
Hey all, can anyone explain what the differences are between the single post vs hinge post web? I'm thinking of designing a custom glove for myself and am torn between these 2 webs, I think they look great and was just curious if they function differently. I play mostly SS but also some OF as well, so I was planning to get like a 12.25" size. Thanks in advance.
The hinged web should be wider, I have an RV23 and it doesn't really "hinge" around the ball. I think it's just used for people who want a wider pocket and still have a single post, because if you use a regular single post and try to make the cross bar wider then the ball would just go through the holes or get stuck in the holes. So yeah, wider pocket but still have the look of a single post.

mpk

Extra Hitter
lol, 44 pro gloves is having a 20% off sale right now so I'm going to give them a shot. They have a hinge post web that looks identical to the RV23.

I've had a post hinge web from 44. It's not identical to the RV23. The Rawlings is definitely beefier in all respects (wider, thicker, better stitching, etc.). If you look close at pics of them, you'll start to notice the differences.

There's a member on here that's had many different models/brands of the RV style web, can't remember his name though. If you do a search maybe you can find some of his posts to see differences. Or maybe he'll weigh in here.

44 is a decent way to go if you're on a budget or just want a beater glove to use/abuse, especially if you catch a sale. I'd recommend staying with the kip signature version and getting the kip palm liner.

smarkley3

Certified Trap Hoe
Check out Mavricks MEO24

CSCnhm0.jpg

MaverickAH

It's not a MEO24 (12"). It's actually an exclusive "one of a kind" that's based on a Custom Optimus I had made on special request. No model #. Both it & my Optimus are based off of the PCi125 (12.5") pattern. It's made from Limited Series 6oz kip. I was really hoping that Vinci would incorporate it as a regular model in their line but it never happened.

At some point I really need to get a MEO24 though.....

bajones2

It's not a MEO24 (12"). It's actually an exclusive "one of a kind" that's based on a Custom Optimus I had made on special request. No model #. Both it & my Optimus are based off of the PCi125 (12.5") pattern. It's made from Limited Series 6oz kip. I was really hoping that Vinci would incorporate it as a regular model in their line but it never happened.

At some point I really need to get a MEO24 though.....
That is a pretty nice glove. I ended up ordering a 44 Pro 12.25" with the RV style web. Oiled Chestnut with Navy embroidery and tan laces. Kind of excited to see how it looks in person and how the leather quality is.