slow pitch pitching speed ?

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
Looking into buying me a pitching machine and there is on on CL but its saying the slowest speed is 30 mph, is this too fast ? So if anyone knows about how fast a slow pitch pitching speed please lmk.

thanks

chrometip78

The Hungarian Barbarian
I don't know B, that's a guess out of my butt, not in any way a reference point. I'm just hoping somebody's bothered to clock a pitch so we know what it actually is.

SDMike

Addicted to Softballfans
Looking into buying me a pitching machine and there is on on CL but its saying the slowest speed is 30 mph, is this too fast ? So if anyone knows about how fast a slow pitch pitching speed please lmk.

thanks

My Heater machine has 10 settings. The lowest setting (2)=18 mph and (10)=50mph. I typically set it at (4) 26mph, 3=22mph and 5=30mph

The thing to consider is the distance and arc. Setting 5 throws too deep and high from the usual distance. If I set it further back it would work at that speed.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
My Heater machine has 10 settings. The lowest setting (2)=18 mph and (10)=50mph. I typically set it at (4) 26mph, 3=22mph and 5=30mph

The thing to consider is the distance and arc. Setting 5 throws too deep and high from the usual distance. If I set it further back it would work at that speed.

Thanks Mike good lookin out.

jbo911

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'd think it'd work fine. It just might come in a little flatter, or you could always put it a few feet behind the rubber. A ball with a 6' arc for a strike and one with a 10' arc are going to travel at two very different speeds. Add in a UTrip 3' from release and I'd say 30 mph is very reasonable.

B-REAL09

Dont Even Trip
I'd think it'd work fine. It just might come in a little flatter, or you could always put it a few feet behind the rubber. A ball with a 6' arc for a strike and one with a 10' arc are going to travel at two very different speeds. Add in a UTrip 3' from release and I'd say 30 mph is very reasonable.

Good input thanks, let me see if this guy still has it up for sale on CL.

scrub

Addicted to Softballfans
I've heard more than a few times that it's somewhere between 3 and 8 mph, depending on the point the person is trying to make.